Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
Help please bizon box broken PSU

Help please bizon box broken PSU  

RSS

(@toby_self)

Hi All, 

I brought a bizon box and the psu stopped working, is it possible to use a normal PSU with an 8pin power connector to start up my eGPU.
When I use the paperclip method the PSU turn on, but as soon as I connect it to my bizon the PSU shuts down.

any help would be appreciated  🙂 

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s609/sh/f5c5695f-bd26-426d-9ea7-55f295ce6314/267378bdeb976ae701c561c58feb5a4a

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Riss
 Riss
(@riss)
Eminent Member

Hello Toby, I'm in similar trouble 🙂 
I wanted to replace the default 400w PSU as it was super noisy - tried beQuiet 450w PSU which didn't work either so I gave it away, then got 200w Dell PSU only to realize that those sneaky russians changed the molex / wiring on the eGPU box. Basically one row is all ground, second row is all current... I can't even plug the Dell as the molex pin row shapes are switched. Need get some gardgets to measure which cable is for what and build a convertor.... I'm surprised you even managed to connect right molex from your PSU 😉  

mid 2014 MBP 15" GT750m | Mac mini 2012 | Akitio Thunder 2 & 3 | GTX 780 3GB (flashed) | GTX Black Titan 6GB (stock) | Quadro P2000 (stock)

ReplyQuote