How can I use TOXIC AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Extreme Edition with Sonnet 750ex ?

Notifications
Clear all

How can I use TOXIC AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Extreme Edition with Sonnet 750ex ?  

of  2
  RSS

COOJ
 COOJ
(@cooj)

@mkzayar, I also bought a new 750W PSU for my old sonnet breakaway enclosure (developer edition), what I am missing now is just a correct 6900xt card that can fit into the case, I was looking for a reference 6900xt but no hope.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
mkzayar
(@mkzayar)
Eminent Member

Hi @cooj, the GPU is perfectly fit in 750ex but you have to figured out where to put radiator which you cannot put inside. 

I used the card without the closing hood so I was able to put the radiator on the frame freely. its seems ugly but it worked and because of RGB colour I love it Smile

I am certain that you can only use 310mm max Length in 750EX because I just bought Nitro+ SE 6900XT for my Mac Pro but I am still not able to use nittier in my Mac Pro 2019 nor 750EX because the length is 320mm. it is now using with Razer.

Mac Pro 2019 2.5 GHz 28-Core Intel Xeon W-3275M - 96 GB 2996 MHz DDR4 - AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB with Sonnet 750EX and Razer Core X with Sapphire Nitro+ SE RX 6900 XT

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
COOJ
 COOJ
(@cooj)

@mkzayar, thanks for your reply, I eventually bought a radeon pro w6800 from newegg 🙂 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Andreas Vogel
(@andreas_vogel)

What I don’t get… how do you run a 3x 8 Pin GPU with an 2x8 pin psu ?

ReplyQuote
 of  2