Sapphire rx570 nitro+ 4gb + ADT-Link R43SG-TB3 - power issue

Notifications
Clear all

Sapphire rx570 nitro+ 4gb + ADT-Link R43SG-TB3 - power issue  

RSS

Fr4nZ
(@fr4nz)

Hi, I've recently purchased a sapphire rx570 nitro+ 4gb with an ADT-Link R43SG-TB3 to use with my ThinkPad T470. To test all the system I used a recycled 250W power supply from an old Desktop PC. The problem is that when I connect all the cables in this way:

(Picture taken from the official ADK-Link website)

and I try to launch a game (or a benchmark), the power supply together with the GPU turn off. Even if I try to reduce the power limit by 50% using MSI afterburner the problem persists.
So my questions are:

• What is the max power that the ADT-Link can delivery to the GPU using the 8 pin port?
  • Is this

a better way to connect the PSU to the GPU in a way that it delivers more power? (My PSU unfortunately doesn't have the GPU power cable)

• Is a dell da-2 enough to power the GPU through the ADT-Link? Like this way but with both 6P and 8P connector connected to the GPU:

For reference, the GPU has 6P+8P power connector with a power consumption of 195W

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@fr4nz, Your old PSU is no good. I was able to use a Dell DA-2 to power the ADT-Link R43SG with RX 580 and RTX 2060S. It should be able to handle the RX 570.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote