Swaping out Razer Core X PSU for better performance on RTX 3070

Notifications
Clear all

Swaping out Razer Core X PSU for better performance on RTX 3070  

RSS

Falx927
(@falx927)

Dear all,

Just a quick question. I'm running an Ice Lake CPU on a Galaxy Book Flex (i7-1065g7). I have it paired with the Razer Core X and an RTX 3070. to my understanding, the PSU on the Razer Core is a 650W unit. I was wondering if upgrading to something like a 850W PSU (like a Corsair) would A, be possible and B, offer any extra performance boost (assuming the RTX is being choked for power on the 650W unit).

Thanks for the input.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@falx927, The 650W PSU can handle most graphics cards (including RTX 3070) just fine. No benefits replacing it with a higher output PSU.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 Gigabyte Z490 Vision D [10th,8C,K] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Falx927
(@falx927)

@itsage, sounds reasonable. Thanks for the input, I kind of figured that was going to be the response but I just wanted to double check. Thanks again.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote