Recent Posts

Recent Posts
Forums  |  Topics  |     

of  24
  Post Title Forum
2017 15" AORUS X5-V7 (GTX1070) [7th,4C,HK] + RTX 2080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [푸른바람]  

By 푸른바람, 21 hours ago

External GPU Builds
  System specs 15.6 , I7-7820HK, Non Optimus, GTX1070, Windows 10 Home 10.0.1904 eGPU hardware Razer Core X, RTX2080 Hardware pictures Attachment: Razer Core X Setup.jpg Installation steps 1. Install ...
mac_editor RE: RX5700XT better than RX580 on eGPU Thunderbolt 2? Think again  

By mac_editor, 21 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  Posted by: @jackpratt Funny too OWC keeps saying their eGPUs are not compatible with thunderbolt 2 when it works like a charm with purge wrangler script: This is because they cannot diverge from...
mac_editor RE: 2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RTX 2080 FE @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 1909 [Ningauble77] // inc Radeon VII @32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core V2) macOS 10.15.1  

By mac_editor, 21 hours ago

External GPU Builds
  @damafiagamer If you render using eGPU on to a display not connected to it (such as internal display) then there will be activity on both GPUs - the eGPU as well as the GPU connected to the display (d...
Jackpratt RX5700XT not better than RX580 on trashcan mac pro 2013  

By Jackpratt, 22 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  So I bought the new RX5700 XT card with the Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box 650 (GPU-650WOC-TB3) to give it a try on my trashcan Mac Pro 2013 and here's the verdict: I was using eGPU from OWC 550W with a R...
Egpuftw RE: Spec me a setup  

By Egpuftw, 22 hours ago

What gear should I buy?
  @itsage thanks so much for the response! Do you know of any laptops with this CPU at the moment please? I think the Razer blade stealth has it and possibly the Lenovo thinkpad X1 carbon? Cheers
jefniro RE: Bootcamp 6.1.9?  

By jefniro, 22 hours ago

Thunderbolt Windows eGPU
  The changelog said that this upgrade is for the XDR Display and Boot Issue: BootToMacUpdate WASU 6.1.9.2019 ProXDRDisplayUpdate WASU 6.1.10.2019 It installed to me the AMD Adrenalin drivers version ...
kisscoool18 RE: Ice Lake vs Comet Lake eGPU performance  

By kisscoool18, 23 hours ago

What gear should I buy?
  @irev210 I'm still testing and filling it. I've been quite disappointed with the AMD 5700xt, which is a great card but it seems drivers are not yet mature enough for eGPU, as I experienced issues and ...
RE: 2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RTX 2080 FE @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 1909 [Ningauble77] // inc Radeon VII @32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core V2) macOS 10.15.1  

By DaMafiaGamer, 24 hours ago

External GPU Builds
  @itsage Thanks for replying quickly, Yep I did that but the Radeon GPU is still utilised on the internal display. I tried 3dmark, unigine, furmark and a couple of games. All set to high performance wh...
Lividity RE: Bootcamp 6.1.9?  

By Lividity, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt Windows eGPU
  @mowglibook That's a big download. Wonder what's in it?
RE: Dell XPS 15 9570 + Razer Core X with Zotac RTX 2080 problems  

By Kyle Landrith, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt Windows eGPU
  @max_obe I can't comment on any of the windows stuff as I'm on Linux, but I have an XPS 15 9570 i7 + 2080 Super eGPU setup. Mine is a Sonnet Breakaway Box 650W with an EVGA 2080 Super XC Hybird that's...
Mini i5 RE: Do I need to stay up to date with AMD's new Vega 64 drivers for Mac eGPU?  

By Mini i5, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @ekkim Mature software utilizes eGPUs (or GPUs) in some areas, but not others. My understanding is an eGPU helps improve timeline performance in FCP. Same with the programs I use. My RX 5700 XT is ext...
RE: automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

By Jongz Puangput, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  Posted by: @goalque <key>MacOSVolumeUUID</key> <string>00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000</string> Do you have a key for an external boot camp drive setup?
ekkim RE: Do I need to stay up to date with AMD's new Vega 64 drivers for Mac eGPU?  

By ekkim, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @mini-i5 Thank you very much that is useful to know! We have the same mac mini spec! Truth be told we're a little disappointed with the utilisation of the Vega64, we haven't managed to get it to work ...
Mini i5 RE: Do I need to stay up to date with AMD's new Vega 64 drivers for Mac eGPU?  

By Mini i5, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @ekkim You should be good where you presently are. Anecdotal evidence suggests Adrenalin 2020 for Windows and OS 10.15.2 for Mac are not exactly setting the box office on fire. 🔥
Mini i5 RE: AMD Navi 7nm for eGPU - Radeon RX 5700 & RX 5700 XT  

By Mini i5, 1 day ago

What gear should I buy?
  @naticom I wouldn’t update to 10.15.2. Some members here are reporting issues with eGPU support after updating. They seem quite annoyed. Others say there are no performance gains compared to Mojave an...
irev210 RE: Ice Lake vs Comet Lake eGPU performance  

By irev210, 1 day ago

What gear should I buy?
  Posted by: @kisscoool18 I will fill this document during the next fews days, and come back here with a conclusion. I just reallised this morning that the Thunderbolt controler is NOT integrated on Co...
naticom RE: AMD Navi 7nm for eGPU - Radeon RX 5700 & RX 5700 XT  

By naticom, 1 day ago

What gear should I buy?
  Thanks for replying to my post. I don't really care if 1803 is end of support or not as I only use Win 10 for gaming. All my personal info, banking...etc are done on my Mac OS. So I picked up a 570...
ekkim Do I need to stay up to date with AMD's new Vega 64 drivers for Mac eGPU?  

By ekkim, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  Hi everyone, I realise this is likely a very basic question, however... 🙂 We bought a new mac mini this year and use a Vega64 GPU in a Sonnet Tech 650. We have never updated the Vega 64's driver since...
itsage RE: 2019 16" MacBook Pro (RP5500M) [9th,8C,H] + RTX 2080 FE @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X Chroma) + Win10 1909 [Ningauble77] // inc Radeon VII @32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core V2) macOS 10.15.1  

By itsage, 1 day ago

External GPU Builds
  @damafiagamer The only possibility to accelerate the internal display with eGPU is through Windows Hybrid graphics. This is done by going to Graphics settings then manually assign the High performance...
fuzzywan RE: MetalBench: macOS Benchmarking Tool for Raw GPU Compute Performance  

By fuzzywan, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @psonice Are you still around? Your download link isn't working — whois says the domain expired last Tuesday.
mowglibook RE: Bootcamp 6.1.9?  

By mowglibook, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt Windows eGPU
  Just been offered 6.1.10: Attachment:  6.1.10.PNG
ahendarman RE: Boot Camp eGPU error 12 fail after update to Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.329 or newer)  

By ahendarman, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt Windows eGPU
  hi all, Just want to share my experience. I have a stable eGPU setup running for a while, Razer Stealth 13 (early 2019) on Windows 10 1909 (18.363.535), Razer Core X Chroma and XFX RX580. I also use ...
RE: RX 5700 XT on macOS Catalina 10.15.2  

By Yang LI, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  Posted by: @craftsman @konstantinos_chrysochoos Confirmed. Booting with eGPU attached is failing. I cannot disconnect the eGPU safely 50% of the time either. The menu bar item says 'Disconnecting...'...
RE: Windows won't boot on Mac mini 2018 with only egpu attached after upgrading Catalina 10.15.2  

By Yang LI, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt Windows eGPU
  Posted by: @itsage There's something wonky with headless Macs + eGPU in 10.15.2. My 2013 Mac Pro doesn't boot up as consistently with the eGPU compared to previous versions. My MBP 15 2019 also gett...
craftsman RE: RX 5700 XT on macOS Catalina 10.15.2  

By craftsman, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @konstantinos_chrysochoos Confirmed. Booting with eGPU attached is failing. I cannot disconnect the eGPU safely 50% of the time either. The menu bar item says 'Disconnecting...' and stays like that fo...
mac_editor RE: 2019 16-inch MacBook Pro clamshell boot workaround?  

By mac_editor, 1 day ago

Laptop Computing
  Posted by: @the_livy Weirdly enough, Apple decided to make it boot when you press which ever key on the keyboard, or click on the trackpad (instead of disabling it, like on the old one) instead of on...
GPU_Cat RE: eGPU + USB Audio woes  

By GPU_Cat, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @elan Did you ever solve this? I've noticed some audio dropouts when using my USB DAC. I'm connecting the DAC directly to the Mac on the right side, with the eGPU on the left side. System: MacBook Pro...
rnb2 RE: Windows won't boot on Mac mini 2018 with only egpu attached after upgrading Catalina 10.15.2  

By rnb2, 1 day ago

Thunderbolt Windows eGPU
  @squuiid Thanks for this - it almost works for me, and gets close enough for now. I don't have DVI on my display, only USB-C, HDMI x2, and DP (to my eGPU). With HDMI connected to the mini, I was able ...
The_Livy 2019 16-inch MacBook Pro clamshell boot workaround?  

By The_Livy, 2 days ago

Laptop Computing
  Hello everyone, yesterday I received my new 16-inch MacBook Pro and have to say, I'm astonished by how well my GTX 1060 3GB eGPU works with this machine. It was literally plug&play out of the box....
Atadam RE: 2015 17" Lenovo Ideapad Y700 (GTX960M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 970 @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 [FHQ]  

By Atadam, 2 days ago

External GPU Builds
  Seems like it, thanks @joevt
aestivalis RE: State of eGPU for Macs – Catalina 10.15 Update  

By aestivalis, 2 days ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  I accidentally updated 10.15.2, haven't encountered any problem so far. ProRender still works with both dGPU and eGPU.
Phoenix2063 RE: 2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15 [phoenix2063]  

By Phoenix2063, 2 days ago

External GPU Builds
  Is it safe to use the Mantiz with the side panel off? The whole eGPU is quite warm to the touch under load, even with an upgraded fan airflow is restricted. Would an upgraded power supply generate les...
itsage RE: Will Razer Core X Chroma POWER a EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super XC?  

By itsage, 2 days ago

What gear should I buy?
  @kevin_maestre The Razer Core X Chroma has more than enough juice to run all modern graphics cards.
itsage RE: Spec me a setup  

By itsage, 2 days ago

What gear should I buy?
  @egpuftw I'd recommend an ultrabook with i7-1065g7 CPU. It has on-die Thunderbolt 3 controller. The RTX 2070 Gaming Box is a good pairing.
RE: 2015 15" MSI GE62 6QD (GTX960M) [6th,4C,H] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 [cagalos]  

By Guilherme Vilhena, 2 days ago

External GPU Builds
  @cagalos No, unfortunately this is the only GPU I have since I bought it to build this eGPU system, it is brand new. I have played with some configs from Radeon Software and realize that some of the c...
Nadstaky RE: 2019 15" MacBook Pro + Razer Chroma X (Catalina 10.15.1) : Ethernet fails after a few minutes  

By Nadstaky, 2 days ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @johannes_balzer Hello and thanks, So there's NO fix ? All people that have purchased this egpu have to use 100mbps... Also, I have an USB audio card, it's unusable when I plug it in the Chroma X, it ...
 of  24