Recent Posts

Recent Posts
Forums  |  Topics  |     

of  16
  Post Title Forum
Espionage724 Keep Intel iGPU enabled on MacBook on Fedora 30?  

By Espionage724, 1 min ago

Thunderbolt Linux Setup
  I have a rMBP, an eGPU (Thunder2), and a RX 580. The eGPU seemingly works great (outputs to an external display, and performance is good). I can't hot-plug the eGPU after boot (amdgpu kernel module fa...
Eightarmedpet RE: Bluetooth doesn't work since Update 1903 (15-inch MBP 2018)  

By Eightarmedpet, 7 mins ago

Thunderbolt Windows Setup
  I had problems so numerous I could barely distill them into a list.  I can’t remember if Bluetooth was an issue, I may have time in a few weeks to try some new builds and will let you know.  I think m...
mac_editor RE: [SCRIPT] PurgeWrangler: AMD + NVIDIA eGPUs for all Thunderbolt Macs  

By mac_editor, 28 mins ago

Thunderbolt macOS Setup
  Posted by: @nsgr I read the link you indicated but the user karek314 did not say which version of macOS was installed. @nsgr they were using macOS 10.14.4.
mac_editor RE: automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

By mac_editor, 45 mins ago

Thunderbolt macOS Setup
  Posted by: @civa I used whatever the instructions said to download and create a FAT 32 boot disk from  Sorry, I’m not too versed in scripts. @civa read main post again.
OliverB Bluetooth doesn't work since Update 1903 (15-inch MBP 2018)  

By OliverB, 51 mins ago

Bluetooth is completely gone with the update from Build 1803 to 1903. I read something about driver incompatibilie, but nothing is consistent and there are no apparent fixes. Is this a know issue? Doe...
peeweekVFX RE: 2018 15" Dell XPS 15 9570 (GTX1050Ti) [8th,6C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 1809 [itsage]  

By peeweekVFX, 3 hours ago

Builds
  Hi! It feels relieving that someone has actually been able to install an eGPU on a XPS 15 with a dGPU, as I was not able to have a proper setup until now. I don't own a ASUS enclosure but a HP Omen A...
RE: Windows undefined my eGPU  

By Виктор Захарченко, 3 hours ago

@oliverb I tried all side ports, eGPU is working with another card (have only gt8600), n I checked 1070 on another PC and it is working.
OliverB RE: Windows undefined my eGPU  

By OliverB, 3 hours ago

@just-be-freeman apple_set_os.efi will not do anything with your eGPU directly. I helps on some system with the iGPU and dGPU. Did you check your eGPU with another system (other computer and/or other ...
RE: Windows undefined my eGPU  

By Виктор Захарченко, 4 hours ago

@oliverb Device manager only determines intel graphics, as if I hadn’t connected egpu, n screenshot will not help in solving the problem. Loaded with apple_set_os.efi ( via ReFind) - no result. 
nsgr RE: [SCRIPT] PurgeWrangler: AMD + NVIDIA eGPUs for all Thunderbolt Macs  

By nsgr, 4 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS Setup
  mac_editor I read the link you indicated but the user karek314 did not say which version of macOS was installed. New procedure: 0 - SIP enable and Akitio Thunder 2 Box and Nvidia eGPU GTX 1050 mini al...
RE: Looking for eGPUs that supports both 2015 iMac and 2019 MacBook pro  

By Thanasis Mpakogeorgos, 4 hours ago

What gear should I buy?
  thank you for your reply, do you use external monitor or  imacs? Also what case are suggesting for this card?
shadethegrey 2018 14" Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon G6 [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 56 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 550) + Linux Pop! OS [shadethegrey]  

By shadethegrey, 5 hours ago

Builds
  System: -Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen -i7 8550U 1.8 4 core -14 inch 1920x1080 Lcd, -Intel 620 iGPU -Pop! OS Linux Egpu: MSI Vega56 Air Boost Sonnet Breakaway 550 No External Monitor. I'll try to get so...
Civa RE: automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

By Civa, 5 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS Setup
  Posted by: @mac_editor Posted by: @civa That’s not very clear to me (I’m also using a late 2012 Mac mini, though not one person has answered the questions I have asked)  @civa I answered specif...
mac_editor RE: automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

By mac_editor, 9 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS Setup
  Posted by: @civa That’s not very clear to me (I’m also using a late 2012 Mac mini, though not one person has answered the questions I have asked)  @civa I answered specifically to Sebastian who is...
joevt RE: Does a USB-C monitor support DisplayPort input over a USB-C to DisplayPort cable?  

By joevt, 10 hours ago

GPU, Monitor & Peripherals
  Posted by: @seandre Regarding my issues of ensuring a connection is made,  have you come across this behavior before with other USB-C devices?  What prompts the monitor or card to "check" for a con...
joevt RE: [HELP] Can I move SSD to external USB C (3.1) enclosure and boot windows 10 from it?  

By joevt, 10 hours ago

Laptop Computing
  I don't understand the difficulty. Connect the USB drive, press F12 at startup or whatever, then select the Windows boot loader from the EFI partition of the USB drive? Unless you're trying to boot fr...
maximiano14 RE: 2013 15" Lenovo Thinkpad T540P (GT730M) [4th,4C,Q] + RX 590 @ 4Gbps-EC2 (EXP GDC 8.5c) + Win10 [albenex]  

By maximiano14, 11 hours ago

Builds
  What is the power dedicated to the GPU of your power supply, I use the DA-2 Dell 220W and i think is not the problem of power since in theory the RX570 8Gb doesnt need all that power.
maximiano14 RE: 2013 15" Lenovo Thinkpad T540P (GT730M) [4th,4C,Q] + RX 590 @ 4Gbps-EC2 (EXP GDC 8.5c) + Win10 [albenex]  

By maximiano14, 11 hours ago

Builds
  oooh so I got, 2.0 with no problem, but performance still bad even in an indie game Dead Cells , but I think that is the problem with the aluminum foil, I will do what ever I can to start working in t...
OliverB RE: Windows undefined my eGPU  

By OliverB, 12 hours ago

Posted by: @just-be-freeman   2. Im connecting Akitio n after that booting w10 - nothin happens. In both cases 1070 is not determined in device manager. (Im trying efi gpu_switcher, but no result) ...
OliverB [EU/UK/DE] FS: €299-ONO nVidia GeForce GTX 1080  

By OliverB, 12 hours ago

For Sale / Wanted
  I am selling a fine card, very reliable and quiet. It's a great name, the legendary "GTX 1080" Attachment: s-l1600.jpg Attachment: s-l1600b.jpg Attachment: s-l1600c.jpg It's in an excellent good c...
Flax RE: Razer Core X and Radeon Vega 64 not working?  

By Flax, 12 hours ago

Laptop Computing
  Hey @chrish You have to “squeeze” the 6+2 pins really tight together when connecting them into your card. Make sure you hear a “click” when you put them in. Look from 4:25 in this video: Did that wor...
RE: Akitio Node stopped working?  

By Виктор Захарченко, 13 hours ago

@holidaycereal I have the same problem, what happens if u just hot plug egpu without patching efi?  
Windows undefined my eGPU  

By Виктор Захарченко, 14 hours ago

I'm using gtx 1070 founders edition with Akitio Node, MBP 13 2018 Touch Bar Mojave, w10 bootcamp 1809October 1. Im booting in W10 n hot plug Akitio - nothin happens.  2. Im connecting Akitio n after t...
Abd El Wadod RE: HP Elitebook 8570p @ GTX970---> all run except HDMI audio...  

By Abd El Wadod, 15 hours ago

Expresscard, mPCIe, M.2 Setup
  Hello There , I have the same laptop; Can you please tell me how you managed to run the external GPU in detail and the best available setup now ?
jnrfalcon RE: Gigabyte Gaming Box PSU fan problem after fan upgrade  

By jnrfalcon, 15 hours ago

PSU, Fans & Cables
  @ishikawa_goemon NF-A4x20 FLX 12v version wired up using the supplied 3-pin to 2 bare wire adapter. Noctua fan has a lower resistance, 1/2 of what the original fan has. And thus a lower max power at 0...
ishikawa_goemon RE: Gigabyte Gaming Box PSU fan problem after fan upgrade  

By ishikawa_goemon, 16 hours ago

PSU, Fans & Cables
  Hey @jnrfalcon, can you confirm which model of Noctua fan that you used?  Also, how was your splicing job? I recall that this particular upgrade required splicing to get the right connector on. You c...
OliverB RE: AMD Navi 7nm for eGPU - Radeon RX 5700 & RX 5700 XT  

By OliverB, 16 hours ago

What gear should I buy?
  Posted by: @oliverb 5nm will be the next step and I don't get the hate against XFX, I only have good experiences. My statement about 5nm was only an educated guess, it looks correct:
Seandre RE: Does a USB-C monitor support DisplayPort input over a USB-C to DisplayPort cable?  

By Seandre, 16 hours ago

GPU, Monitor & Peripherals
  @joevt Thats correct!  The behavior surprised me as well.   The USB-C connection (using the monitor-supplied USB-C to USB-C cable,  NOT the Moshi cable) allowed for the USB-C functions of the monitor ...
etamar1122 [help] EXP GDC V8.5 wont detect at all!  

By etamar1122, 17 hours ago

Expresscard, mPCIe, M.2 Setup
  hi there, i just bought the exp gdc beast v8.5c. im using Asus vivobook x542ur  intel graphics 6300 nvidia 930 mx im using the exp gdc beast with tgiff connector tryed with GTX 550ti 2gb and gtx ...
jnrfalcon Gigabyte Gaming Box PSU fan problem after fan upgrade  

By jnrfalcon, 18 hours ago

PSU, Fans & Cables
  I just upgraded the PSU fan on my Gigabyte Gaming Box to a Noctua one. And now I have a weird problem of the fan not working. It works when I hard reset the Gaming Box by unplugging the power cable fo...
Civa RE: automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

By Civa, 18 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS Setup
  Posted by: @mac_editor @sebastian_fischer Steps are only for 10.12.6 or older. For 10.13.4-6, it says in the guide: "Follow the instructions for High Sierra as linked above and you should have a wo...
nando4 RE: [HELP] Can I move SSD to external USB C (3.1) enclosure and boot windows 10 from it?  

By nando4, 19 hours ago

Laptop Computing
  @sskillz , I found no guide on how to convert from NVME to USB boot. I reverted to a fresh WinToGo install as a workaround. Maybe using Macrium Reflect? Pls post if you find a way.
sskillz RE: [HELP] Can I move SSD to external USB C (3.1) enclosure and boot windows 10 from it?  

By sskillz, 19 hours ago

Laptop Computing
  Posted by: @nando4 @sskillz, I did exactly the same thing with a 840 G5, tidbits here. As the 840 G5's CPU can be TDP unlocked with Throttlestop, if can keep the CPU cool it behaves like a 45W 4-co...
nando4 RE: Unsure what to buy W541  

By nando4, 20 hours ago

What gear should I buy?
  You may consider a TB3 enclosure attached using a Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter as successfully implemented on  other TB2 systems: TB3 enclosures being the first Thunderbolt version to be purposely design...
air947 Unsure what to buy W541  

By air947, 20 hours ago

What gear should I buy?
  Have the thunderbolt 2 connections and also an express card but unsure what to use. Already have a rx580. Any help with what to buy and also how to set up would be greatly appreciated.
psonice RE: Looking for eGPUs that supports both 2015 iMac and 2019 MacBook pro  

By psonice, 22 hours ago

What gear should I buy?
  I'm using a Vega 56 with a 2014 iMac, so yes. The difficult part is actually the thunderbolt link, not the GPU (unless you go Nvidia, which is a recipe for trouble). Assuming your iMac is thunderbolt ...
 of  16