Recent Posts

Recent Posts
Forums  |  Topics  |     

of  20
  Post Title Forum
RA619H RE: Windows trouble: Mid 2017 13" MacBook Pro - Radeon RX 5700 XT - Windows 10 1903 v1  

By RA619H, 23 mins ago

BootCamp eGPU Setup
  Posted by: @itsage @ra619h Take a look at my build guide for the 2017 13-in MacBook Pro + RX 5700 XT eGPU. It has worked very reliably with many different Radeon cards and the latest versions of Wind...
itsage RE: Windows trouble: Mid 2017 13" MacBook Pro - Radeon RX 5700 XT - Windows 10 1903 v1  

By itsage, 39 mins ago

BootCamp eGPU Setup
  @ra619h Take a look at my build guide for the 2017 13-in MacBook Pro + RX 5700 XT eGPU. It has worked very reliably with many different Radeon cards and the latest versions of Windows 10 and Radeon dr...
elude Blue Screen of Death and Error 43?  

By elude, 43 mins ago

Thunderbolt Windows eGPU
  I have a 2018 Mac mini plus Razor Core X and Nvidia 2080 Super. I have had this setup for 2 weeks and up until today it has worked without any problems. To set up I simply hot plugged the EGPU while i...
itsage RE: MacBook Pro 16" error 12 fix (apple_set_os loader v0.5)  

By itsage, 1 hour ago

BootCamp eGPU Setup
  After a week testing, my two Apple T2 Chip Macs run very well with this modified apple_set_os.efi loader. Both 2019 13" MacBook Pro and 2018 Mac mini boot reliably with the eGPU connected (cold-plug)....
itsage RE: BlackBeast Pro eGPU - KickStarter Project Exposed  

By itsage, 1 hour ago

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  @mac_editor I've seen traffic from that article as well as another article from a different Norwegian news website (bt.no). They both are behind paywall. They are doing damage control. However it's no...
mac_editor RE: automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

By mac_editor, 2 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @mark_marin Read main post for Catalina fix. Based on your signature/system config though, you don’t need this (unless you specifically need Intel GPU in Windows) so not sure why you’re trying.
RE: automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

By Mark Marin, 2 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @azure Same issue I have. I can boot to Windows from the stick, but just hangs if I try to boot to MacOS. No place to type in the sudo pmset -a gpuswitch 2 and sudo pmset -a gpuswitch 0 because it jus...
mac_editor RE: MacBook Pro 16" eGPU Hardlock and Bootloop issues  

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @itsage I’ve reached out to PowerColor support regarding the issue (have linked my build + this thread). While I could simply go through the RMA process, I thought it would be wiser to ask for them to...
itsage RE: MacBook Pro 16" eGPU Hardlock and Bootloop issues  

By itsage, 2 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @mac_editor That is too bad. Hopefully you can exchange it for store credit or a different RX 5700 XT model.

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @itsage Not sure if that’ll help. Since the GPU has two BIOSes and both don’t work, it seems like a hardware problem (caused by software/macOS? - I thought those days were over). Windows will throw Co...
itsage RE: Bad performance of AMD RX 5700XT  

By itsage, 3 hours ago

PC Gaming
  @brandon_huang Which model RX 5700 XT do you have? Also please fill out the system information in your signature.
mac_editor RE: 2018 15" MacBook Pro (RP560X) [8th,6C,H] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14 & Win10 [mac_editor]  

By mac_editor, 3 hours ago

External GPU Builds
  @itsage Thank you! I used this one: Alignment is good. The 2 side monitors are LG27UD69Ps (already had them) while the center one is an LG27UD68-W. Was hoping to get another UD69 but they just aren’t...
itsage RE: MacBook Pro 16" eGPU Hardlock and Bootloop issues  

By itsage, 3 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  The failure rate is unusually high for the Red Dragon with Mac systems. I have been using the Red Devil version without issues. Would it possible so you to flash the vBIOS and see if that helps?
itsage RE: 2018 15" MacBook Pro (RP560X) [8th,6C,H] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14 & Win10 [mac_editor]  

By itsage, 3 hours ago

External GPU Builds
  @mac_editor Very nice desk and setup! There's something really balance about a triple monitor arrangement. Which monitor stand do you use and how was the alignment?
joevt RE: LG 5k Ultrafine + Hackintosh/windows SFF  

By joevt, 4 hours ago

GPU, Monitor & Peripherals
  @eightarmedpet What Intel board? No such thing as 20 Gb TB3 (except for the cable). Do you mean that the controller only has two PCIe lanes? That doesn't affect the 40 Gbps bandwidth which can be used...
RE: 2019 15" MacBook Pro (RP555X) [9th, 6C, H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + macOS 10.15.3 & Win10 1909 [moltentofu]  

By @Os, 4 hours ago

External GPU Builds
  Does this work for mac mini?
RE: 2019 15" MacBook Pro (RP555X) [9th, 6C, H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + macOS 10.15.3 & Win10 1909 [moltentofu]  

By kaelig, 5 hours ago

External GPU Builds
  Thank you for sharing! I followed the same steps, however I did it with the latest Windows insiders build, latest version of all drivers, and Catalina 10.15.3 beta 2. After step 18, instead of gettin...
marakalastic RE: AORUS Gaming Box: What GPUs do work, and which ones do not?  

By marakalastic, 5 hours ago

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  Posted by: @sunday_clarity Hello everyone, recently I got an empty Aorus Gaming Box and I decided to buy a Gigabyte 1060 3GB for it since I heard about people having success with this combo. But unfo...

By mac_editor, 6 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @alaxend0l_games I have been wondering the same. It seems macOS + Red Dragon could be the issue. All I can say is I'm pissed this happened twice. Will file a bug report with Apple to investigate this ...
RE: MacBook Pro 16" eGPU Hardlock and Bootloop issues  

By Alaxend0l Games, 6 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @mac_editor Huh, that's really strange. I was worried it was an issue with my MacBook Pro or Razer Core V2. Good to hear it's probably neither of them. So it's possibly an issue with the Red Dragon? E...
mac_editor RE: 2018 15" MacBook Pro (RP560X) [8th,6C,H] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14 & Win10 [mac_editor]  

External GPU Builds
  Updated build with new setup picture (Update #6).

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @alaxend0l_games Yep - just happened to me: On Red Dragon as well. Previously happened to me on RX 580 as well. For the NVIDIA card, you will likely have to plug it in after OS boot due to firmware i...
MacBook Pro 16" eGPU Hardlock and Bootloop issues  

By Alaxend0l Games, 6 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  I was having an issue with hardlocking and bootlooping in MacOS using multiple different gpus. I'm using a Razer Core V2 with a MacBook Pro 16" i9 5500m, and I've had a lot of issues with the setup. R...
mac_editor RE: 2018 15" MacBook Pro (RP560X) [8th,6C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15.1 & Win10 [mac_editor]  

External GPU Builds
  Posted by: @mac_editor Life can be cruel. My RX 5700 XT just had to up and die. Fan refuses to spin on plug-in to host and macOS crashes shortly after. To eliminate all variables, I tested my (now du...
mac_editor RE: 2018 15" MacBook Pro (RP560X) [8th,6C,H] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15.1 & Win10 [mac_editor]  

External GPU Builds
  @eparlanax Sorry for the late response - I only changed PSU for noise reasons.
mac_editor RE: automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @anchoricex Pls add system config. to signature.
Anchoricex RE: automate-eGPU EFI - eGPU boot manager for macOS and Windows  

By Anchoricex, 7 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  Every time I try to boot from the efi usb, i get sent to the recovery screen with the "unable to verify startup disk" error.
RE: 2011 15" ASUS N53SN (GT550M) [2nd,4C,Q] + R9 390X @ 4Gbps-mPCIe2 (PE4C 3.0) + Win10 [Doink]  

By elpatu2000, 7 hours ago

External GPU Builds
  @pabloz No funciona. Continúa haciendo lo mismo. Seguí todos los pasos que dijiste, pero al llegar a la primera pantalla de carga (logo celeste y unos puntitos dando vueltas), Windows 10 se congela. L...
mac_editor RE: BlackBeast Pro eGPU - KickStarter Project Exposed  

By mac_editor, 8 hours ago

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  Seems an article was published here: Google-translated title is: Tobias, 21, answers charges of fraud with eGPU solution. My github (script) was getting traffic from here so was wondering. Would love...
MacBowtie RE: Text rendering worse on eGPU?  

By MacBowtie, 9 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @mac_editor Unfortunately not – doesn't make any difference at all. Anyway – it's not just text that's affected. I think it may even affect pictures. Will take a macro-shot with my DSLR from a tripod,...
Username RE: BlackBeast Pro eGPU - KickStarter Project Exposed  

By Username, 9 hours ago

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  If they placed a 180mm fan in bottom, placed the graphics card on the opposite side of the case or rotated it 180° to draw air from the case center and the direct air intake from below and then ventil...
mac_editor RE: Text rendering worse on eGPU?  

By mac_editor, 10 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @macbowtie Perhaps changing font smoothing levels may help:
MacBowtie RE: Mac Mini 2018 (Mojave). - wrong resolution - eGPU not showing entire screen  

By MacBowtie, 11 hours ago

PSU, Fans & Cables
  Thanks for the info. I got it working again now. Will try not to restart the machine too often (I usually put it into sleep mode rather than turning it off),
MacBowtie RE: Aikitio Node Pro – PSU fan not spinning  

By MacBowtie, 11 hours ago

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  @itsage I did a GPU performance test with Unigine Heaven, and the PSU fan starts running as soon as I put enough load onto the GPU, and then stop again shortly after I quit Heaven. Could it be that th...
RE: Bad performance of AMD RX 5700XT  

By Brandon Huang, 12 hours ago

PC Gaming
  @mini-i5 Probably I should use a 5700XT desktop setting to test whether it was died or not
Mini i5 RE: Bad performance of AMD RX 5700XT  

By Mini i5, 12 hours ago

PC Gaming
  @brandon_huang No, the 5700 xt games well in Windows. And you described watching your particular card crash and die. At least your card didn’t suffer too much... 😢
 of  20