Recent Posts

Notifications
Clear all

Recent Posts
Forums  |  Topics  |     

of  77
  Post Title Forum
philw RE: Radeon RX 6800 / RX 6800 XT / RX 6900 XT for macOS -> AMD Navi RDNA2 Support added in 11.4 Beta  

By philw, 6 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @fran_serrano, The whole thing is painful in this holding pattern around M1. My guess is that they have some kind of 6000 refresh for the Mac Pro coming to keep those peeps happy until whatever is nex...
Fran Serrano RE: Radeon RX 6800 / RX 6800 XT / RX 6900 XT for macOS -> AMD Navi RDNA2 Support added in 11.4 Beta  

By Fran Serrano, 6 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @philw, thanks. But then... Do you think "all" AMD drivers, for Navi 21 and Navi 22 will be filled in? Or just what is so far "told" by Apple about Navi 21? I would be quite dissapointed, TBH. Before ...
philw RE: Radeon RX 6800 / RX 6800 XT / RX 6900 XT for macOS -> AMD Navi RDNA2 Support added in 11.4 Beta  

By philw, 6 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @fran_serrano, It does feel like the only real purpose of 11.4 is to finally get the AMD drivers updated as they somehow failed to squeeze them into 11.3 as we were all previously "told" 🙂
Fran Serrano RE: Radeon RX 6800 / RX 6800 XT / RX 6900 XT for macOS -> AMD Navi RDNA2 Support added in 11.4 Beta  

By Fran Serrano, 7 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @philw, and other bad news state that this beta 3 could be the last beta before MacOS 12. Very sad, though I would find weird that there would be only 3 betas.

By Fran Serrano, 7 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  @itsage, confirmed. I'm on Beta 3 and still not working 🙁 @philw, and other bad news state that this beta 3 could be the last beta before MacOS 12. Very sad, though I would find weird that there wo...

By philw, 8 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  Not looking good for 6700xt. Apple engineers have indicated that only support for 6800xt / 6900xt is happening - info from a popular GPU renderer. More info due shortly.
Wilfredo Pacheco jr RE: [GUIDE] error 12/43 & other detection, bootup, stability & performance issues  

By Wilfredo Pacheco jr, 8 hours ago

Expresscard, mPCIe, M.2 eGPU
  i have a 2080 and i have error code 43 and ive ran the script and it doesnt seem to do anything ive tried everything with no luck. if anyone could help
bootz Latest version of Big Sur 11.3.1 gives black screen upon boot  

By bootz, 8 hours ago

BootCamp eGPU Setup
  Had the easiest setup with a 2015 iMac 4k iGPU model using Aorus 1070 Gaming Box with TB3>TB2 adapter using iMac integrated display. Didn't work with macOS but I was using it for Windows 10. Was li...
DrEGPU RE: Crypto mining with multiple eGPUs - Building mining rig  

By DrEGPU, 9 hours ago

What gear should I buy?
  @itsage If the price of Radeon VII's were still ~$500 USD, you wouldn't be saying that. I meant to say previously, that there's no reason eGPU's wouldn't work for mining. Mining isn't bandwidth-inte...
itsage RE: Gigabyte 3090 eGPU - Error Code 12  

By itsage, 10 hours ago

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  @jason_diaz, Look into DSDT override.
 of  77