Recent Posts

Notifications
Clear all

Recent Posts
Forums  |  Topics  |     

of  173
  Post Title Forum
Syed Ali Hussain RE: 2016 15" Dell Inspiron 5567 [7th,2C,U] + RX 590 @ 8Gbps-M2 (EXP GDC 8.x) + Win10  

By Syed Ali Hussain, 1 hour ago

External GPU Builds
  I need some help @fazums and @masma0925. I am using inspiron 5567 with windows 10 home. I am trying to connect a GTX 1650. PSU is mastercooler. eGPU adapter is EXP GDC 8.0 ngff version. The problem is...
mac_editor RE: New LG Monitor inbound...  

By mac_editor, 2 hours ago

GPU, Monitor & Peripherals
  @eightarmedpet, you shouldn't tempt people like this :p 4K + high refresh rate would be amazing to have, though I would prefer a less gamery look. B&H shows availability starting from Sep. 02 in U...
Eightarmedpet RE: New LG Monitor inbound...  

By Eightarmedpet, 3 hours ago

@itsage, I did some more digging on it and it looks to share the panel with the crowd designed EVE monitor, which I really like the look of. Whether it sees light of day or not is another question.
Eightarmedpet RE: Should I ditch my eGPU and just get a desktop PC?  

PC Gaming
  Its odd you are getting such poor performance... your CPU wont be a bottleneck. Rule of thumb is eGPU set ups are better at higher res, and not that great at pushing high FPS, so if you switch to 1440...
bart_simpson RE: Asus XG Station Pro - Fan Issue  

By bart_simpson, 3 hours ago

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  Posted by: @lwf I would trade the on/off for a constant low RPM, which is why in general I would love to have more control over our eGPU enclosure hardware overall. What did you end up using? Absolu...
Eightarmedpet RE: What card should I buy for 2017 13" MBP to avoid bottlenecking?  

What gear should I buy?
  Nvidia will prob be easier in Bootcamp (but not supported at all in macOS anymore), although with your model (I have the same) and the EFI bootloader both should be pretty straight forward. You can c...
Eightarmedpet RE: 2020 Macbook Pro i5 10th gen + GTX 1080TI Razer Core X + Windows 10 2004  

BootCamp eGPU Setup
  @jp4real, great combo, and nicew to see you have shared the most important bit of data that's usually missed in builds: "Got 100+ FPS in PUBG native res with everything on ULTRA (variable, goes down t...
joevt RE: Thunderbolt 4 won't be faster...  

By joevt, 3 hours ago

Thunderbolt macOS eGPU
  I think the best part of Thunderbolt 4 is docks with up to three downward facing ports (basically what USB4 will have). So you can connect more devices that only have a single Thunderbolt port. Or mul...
Eightarmedpet RE: How to fix screen flickering on LG 5K Ultrafine display UPDATED  

@raph_ael, that post is a couple of years old so my memory is a little fuzzy but I am pretty sure I meant installing additional/newer Intel drivers over the top of (replacing) the ones bundled with bo...
Raph Aël RE: How to fix screen flickering on LG 5K Ultrafine display UPDATED  

By Raph Aël, 3 hours ago

@eightarmedpet, "Your post is really interesting, what did you mean by "....it was an issue with the intel drivers so I am now bypassing them.... thanks in advance
 of  173