Recent Posts

Notifications
Clear all

Recent Posts
Forums  |  Topics  |     

of  108
  Post Title Forum
joevt RE: 2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RP WX 9100 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.1 [itsage]  

By joevt, 9 mins ago

External GPU Builds
  @enotus, I don't have an LG UltraFine 5K display to test. The only thing left that I would try is connecting the Force Power signal to 3.3V. The resistors in these pictures are 8.2 kΩ. Attachment:1 F...
Eightarmedpet RE: 2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RP WX 9100 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.1 [itsage]  

By Eightarmedpet, 33 mins ago

External GPU Builds
  @enotus, I had the same issue, never managed to get the riser card to initiate.... I am pretty ham fisted though.
enotus RE: 2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RP WX 9100 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.1 [itsage]  

By enotus, 1 hour ago

External GPU Builds
  Hi there. I'm trying to drive my LG 5k (some of the first model) from my PowerColor Gaming Station with 5500XT. I have CG alpine ridge (works successful in PC), also I have Asus Thhunderboltex 3-tr ...
Gerax RE: [Unboxing] Mantiz Saturn Pro II MZ-03 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure (US$299 RRP)  

By Gerax, 2 hours ago

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  Posted by: @mymantiz_john Posted by: @gerax Hello, got mine delivered today. Looks like a solid piece, even though I haven't opened it up yet to install the GPU (still waiting for the GPU to arr...
mac_editor RE: [Unboxing] Mantiz Saturn Pro II MZ-03 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure (US$299 RRP)  

By mac_editor, 3 hours ago

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  @arzen, indeed. The USB issue might indicate that some USB hub manufacturers are likely cheaping out (or have "gotchas" to borrow your terminology) on components, as I did test with a multi-purpose hu...
Arzen RE: [Unboxing] Mantiz Saturn Pro II MZ-03 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure (US$299 RRP)  

By Arzen, 3 hours ago

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  @mac_editor, NGL, if this turns out the USB is really delivering less than the 7.5W that @mymantiz_john said it should be the specs... on top of your previous research and results with the built-in LA...
mac_editor RE: [Unboxing] Mantiz Saturn Pro II MZ-03 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure (US$299 RRP)  

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  @arzen, Yep, pretty much explains the issue.
Arzen RE: [Unboxing] Mantiz Saturn Pro II MZ-03 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure (US$299 RRP)  

By Arzen, 3 hours ago

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  @mac_editor, Nice research. I'll do the same test tonight with my phone. 🙂 Yeah, 1.81W would be less than the SuperDrive needs... </3

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  @arzen @mymantiz_john, alright, you'll got me piqued. I tested this with my phone. Phone was at under 50% battery, so it would definitely not trickle-charge and would attempt to draw maximum power. Ph...

By mac_editor, 4 hours ago

Thunderbolt Enclosures
  @arzen, will try charging my phone tonight and report back. Maybe try checking charging rate for your phone with coconutBattery app. That superdrive should work - as indicated, 0.45A at 5V (2.25W) is ...
 of  108