16' MBP + Razer Core X + RX 5700 XT Issues

Notifications
Clear all

16' MBP + Razer Core X + RX 5700 XT Issues  

RSS

Victor Boucher
(@victor_boucher)

I was really excited to try out this new setup, but I have been struggling for two days without any results to get this to work. I get the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" on my internal gpu (5500M) and "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system." on my external gpu (5700 XT).

I have tried a lot of things:
- Installing the older Windows version (1903)
- Using DDU
- Using the bootcampdrivers drivers

I have followed many different instructions, but I just can't get it to work.
If anyone could help me, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Victor Boucher
(@victor_boucher)

Here is a screenshot of my device manager screen, it detects both gpu's, but I get an error on both of them:

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Reputable Member

An Nvidia card might be easier to setup.

This thread has a work around for the 5700 XT:

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/finally-working-macbook-pro-16-i9-razer-core-chroma-5700-xt-win1909-amd-20-4-1/

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.5 Catalina / Windows 2004 😏 / LG 27" 4K display

ReplyQuote
Victor Boucher
(@victor_boucher)

@mini-i5, thank you for your response. I actually tried it with a 1060 and it kind of worked. But not at all on OSX, so thats why I went with an AMD card.

I will try out the link that you've sent me, I actually haven't seen that one before. Thank you!

ReplyQuote