[Solved] 2016 Macbook with Aorus gaming box 2070
If you mean the pmset commands, you enter them in Terminal. But those steps are for macOS only, not Bootcamp.
Ok guys I threw in the towel--I return the gaming box and got a razer x and put a 5700 in it--and follow exactly your guide itsage...and the stupid thing works perfectly...like I don't know....maybe it was just me....but my advise to everyone now will be not to get a gaming box they are terrible imo.
Thank you again for all your help
@brian_weigand Good to hear you got a working setup now. Each component of an eGPU build makes a difference in Boot Camp. I have used the Gigabyte Gaming Box with RX 580 and RX Vega 56 Nano with the same procedure before. Windows 10 version also alters how things work.
well less than 2 weeks and of course it has stopped working...i really don't know. I am so confused and frustrated....i even went down to best buy and got an nvidia 1660 and it still doesn’t work—I even reinstalled windows 1903 and installed all the update.
I have tried everything...i have done everything...even
If you only intend to use eGPU with external display, try these steps and see whether they resolve error 12.
- Install Windows 10 ISO through Bootcamp Assistant [in macOS].
- Install DDU to remove default graphics drivers and disable Windows automated GPU driver installation [in Windows].
- Create a manual Restore point just in case there’s boot up issues [in Windows].
- Select View by Connection in Device Manager then locate PCIe Controller x8 – 1905 to disable it [in Windows].
- Shut down then connect eGPU (with external monitor attached) to one of the right side Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports.
- Open Device Manager to confirm 2x Microsoft Basic Display Adapters are present and active [in Windows].
- Install Nvidia graphics drivers then restart [in Windows].
Because all I really want to do is use it with an external display, and none of these works.