Clear all

[Solved] 2016 Macbook with Aorus gaming box 2070  

of  2
  RSS

mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@brian_weigand

If you mean the pmset commands, you enter them in Terminal. But those steps are for macOS only, not Bootcamp.

purge-wranglertbt-flashpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
Insights Into macOS Video Editing Performance

Master Threads:
2014 15-inch MacBook Pro 750M
2018 15-inch MacBook Pro

2019 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX Vega 64 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.14.6 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Brian Weigand
(@brian_weigand)

@mac_editor, @itsage

Ok guys I threw in the towel--I return the gaming box and got a razer x and put a 5700 in it--and follow exactly your guide itsage...and the stupid thing works perfectly...like I don't know....maybe it was just me....but my advise to everyone now will be not to get a gaming box they are terrible imo.

Thank you again for all your help

2016 Macbook Pro 2.9 I7 16 GB Ram Radeon Pro 460, RTX 2070 Aorus Gaming box

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@brian_weigand Good to hear you got a working setup now. Each component of an eGPU build makes a difference in Boot Camp. I have used the Gigabyte Gaming Box with RX 580 and RX Vega 56 Nano with the same procedure before. Windows 10 version also alters how things work.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Brian Weigand
(@brian_weigand)

@itsage, @PandamanNG

well less than 2 weeks and of course it has stopped working...i really don't know. I am so confused and frustrated....i even went down to best buy and got an nvidia 1660 and it still doesn’t work—I even reinstalled windows 1903 and installed all the update.

I have tried everything...i have done everything...even

If you only intend to use eGPU with external display, try these steps and see whether they resolve error 12.

• Install Windows 10 ISO through Bootcamp Assistant [in macOS].
  • Install DDU to remove default graphics drivers and disable Windows automated GPU driver installation [in Windows].
  • Create a manual Restore point just in case there’s boot up issues [in Windows].
  • Select View by Connection in Device Manager then locate PCIe Controller x8 – 1905 to disable it [in Windows].
  • Shut down then connect eGPU (with external monitor attached) to one of the right side Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports.
  • Open Device Manager to confirm 2x Microsoft Basic Display Adapters are present and active [in Windows].
  • Install Nvidia graphics drivers then restart [in Windows].

Because all I really want to do is use it with an external display, and none of these works.

2016 Macbook Pro 2.9 I7 16 GB Ram Radeon Pro 460, RTX 2070 Aorus Gaming box

ReplyQuote
 of  2