Akitio Node - Be Quiet 300W Psu - Screen flickering on and off

Notifications
Clear all

Akitio Node - Be Quiet 300W Psu - Screen flickering on and off  

RSS

mixxituk
(@mixxituk)

Hi all,

I have just replaced the stock spu with a be quiet 300w bn226 sfx psu but windows is detecting the device and flickering to start using the display plugged in but then goes off and does this in a loop over and over

I connected the 1 pci-e cable it had to the graphics card (xfx 480 rx) and then used two sata cables to convert to 6 pin for the akitio board

Am i missing something or do i need a higher psu?

Thanks!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@mixxituk, Get a PCIe power splitter adapter to feed the GPU two PCIe power cables. The SATA to PCIe power adapter is likely not providing the card enough juice. The best arrangement is to split one PCIe cable with the adapter to the Akitio Node main board and GPU. The remaining PCIe power cable goes directly to the GPU.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Prototype eGPU Enclosure) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
mixxituk
(@mixxituk)

@itsage, there is only one pcie cable and it is plugged into the GPU
This post was modified 2 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@mixxituk, The Akitio Node mainboard needs a 6-pin PCIe power cable to power the components as well as 75W for the PCIe slot. You would still need a PCIe power splitter because it's a better solution than drawing power from SATA cables.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Prototype eGPU Enclosure) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote