Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
Aorus gaming box 1070 H2D FW update no work

Aorus gaming box 1070 H2D FW update no work  

RSS

Alan49
(@alan49)

Hello everyone,

After returning my eGPU KFA2 SNPR 1060 because the constrcutor did not offer updated FW for the H2D.
I received the Aorus gaming box 1070 the firmware has a problem H2D.
So I wanted to update it, but each time the same message.
The FW is not for this model. !!!!

Sans titre

I try on my 9370 xps and on my macbook pro 13 2017 boot camp always the same worries. With or without Nvidia driver, even with the drivers of the supplied CD.
With a recent or old thunderbolt driver (17.4.77.400) (16.2.51.2)

Sans titre2

I do not know what to do, I really have no luck.
And I think that it comes to you that when choosing the device it is simply named GYGABYTE GAMING BOX.

Sans titre3

While on their guide, it is more accurate with the model.

Sans titre4

I am really lost and tired.
I think I have tried everything. I do not understand why I have this problem.
I downloaded the FW on the site GYGABYTE I even try the version without H2D but same problem.
The update of the PSU seems to have worked but I'm not sure.
I have lauch a ticket on gygabyte technical support

IF you have a solution, thank you. I do not know what to do, except resell everything.

Thank you and good day.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Alan49
(@alan49)

Hello, for some unknown reason the firmware update has worked.
But via the utility made for the RX580 AMD version while I have the NVIDIA 1070 version. Maybe gigabyte used thunderbolt 3 chassis provided for RX580 for 1070. Whatever the reason it worked. The FPS on battlefield 1 in ultra 1080P on the macbook pro 13 2017 i5 have not increased. But they increased on the XPS 9370 I7 16GB 4K.
35 FPS average on the XPS with the internal screen in 4K ultra.
I think I will return the XPS and resell the macbook pro to take a macbook Pro 2018 i5 quad-core 28watts TDP via bootcamp.
I think this will be the best compromise and also take a screen 4k even if I will play in 1440p my screen will be ready for a future configuration.
Have a good day

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
rowid_alex
(@rowid_alex)

Thank you so much for the post. I have the exact same issue but have no where to find a answer until see your post. After selected the firmware file "AORUS_N1070IXEB_8GD_VER10H2D.bin" got error "0x21D SKD_MODEL_MISMATCH The image file is for another product model".

As you said most likely Gigabyte uses the RX580 gaming box for certain model of 1070 gaming box. So use the firmware "Gigabyte_RX580IXEB_8GD_Ver10_H2D.zip" resolves this issue.

Then the second issue is already known. The firmware update tool only works on an old thunderbolt driver version and not compatible with the version 17. If you do so you will get the "0x10A 266 Error while getting the PD firmware version" error. 

Uninstall the latest thunderbolt driver and software, install the older one from here:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27344/Thunderbolt-Bus-Driver-for-Windows-10-8-1-and-7-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6i7KYK

Then finally I can update the firmware 1.0 H2D.

Thanks again. Just post the error code above so other people can google it and found the solution in this post.

ReplyQuote
benzin
(@benzin)

Hi there,

any news on that issue? I am new to eGPUs and currently checking on a Aorus 1070 + Dell XPS13 9370 setup (build report will follow). However I also have quite low H2d and wanted to apply the patch but I get the same error message.

@zmi_nazim: Are you with Gigabyte? Is there any progress on this issue?

ReplyQuote
wei lu
(@wei_lu)

My JHL7540 cannot install the old version (16.x)

Aorus Gaming Box & RTX 2060

ReplyQuote
jangoloti
(@jangoloti)
Trusted Member

For the OP, Galax has issued the FW update for the H2D issue.

Too late...

Mac Mini 2012 and 2018 i7, Mac book Pro 2016 15" with TB, eGPU Galax/KFA2

ReplyQuote