Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
Aorus Gaming Box 1070 randomly stopped connecting to any external monitor

Aorus Gaming Box 1070 randomly stopped connecting to any external monitor  

RSS

jqsong98
(@jqsong98)

Hi all,

I've had my Aorus Gaming Box 1070 for about a year now hooked up with my Razer Blade 2016. It has worked perfectly fine after the initial setup and driver installations and I have been using my Dell S2716DG as an external monitor through displayport since I got it. However, yesterday when I was watching YouTube the monitor just randomly disconnected and showed the no signal black screen. I have tried both HDMI and DisplayPort output since then through my gaming box and neither have worked.

However, when I directly connect my monitor to my Razer Blade through HDMI the monitor works and everything is fine. I have tried connecting my Nintendo Switch to my monitor through HDMI and that works as well. This is less than ideal however because I cannot take advantage of the 144hz G-Sync technology that the Dell S2716DG is capabale of. I was thinking of ordering another displayport cable but after testing that the HDMI port does not work on the gaming box anymore either I suspect that something may have happened that causes my gaming box to be unable to recognize / connect to any external monitors.

The USB ports all still work on the gaming box as my mouse and keyboard are all connected and still work when my gaming box is connected to my laptop. The gaming box lights are lit up and it still shows up as connected through TB3 on my computer. The only thing that doesn't work is when I try and connect my monitor directly to the gaming box regardless of whether or not I use HDMI or DisplayPort.

Anyone else had this issue? Even if not, any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. The main thing that is puzzling me is that it just randomly stopped working in the middle of a youtube video yesterday after working fine for a year and now I can't get it to reconnect for the life of me. Thanks for any help.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

Does it Gaming Box show up as an attached device in Intel Thunderbolt Software? What about the RGB light strip? I would recommend disconnecting the Gaming Box from the power source as well as removing the GPU from the enclosure for a full power reset.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
TwinEagles
(@twineagles)

anyone find a solution to this.  I am having the same issue.  Mine is less than a month in operation.  The RGB lights only occasionally show up.  I have left it unplugged overnight.  The TB3 app shows AORUS Gaming Box, and I get power and USB, and the GPU fan runs, but I get zero response from the GPU.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
TwinEagles
(@twineagles)

For anyone who finds this thread.  I fixed everything but the RGB lights (who cares about that) with a complete removal, then clean reinstall of the GeForce Drivers via GeForce Experience.

This post was modified 3 months ago

ReplyQuote