Aorus Gaming Box 1080 rebooting itself

Notifications
Clear all

Aorus Gaming Box 1080 rebooting itself  

RSS

apleks
(@apleks)

Hello, I was wondering if anyone of you guys already had this issue: The Aorus Gaming Box reboots itself when a new window is created, any window that requires a context on the nvidia card I believe.

I made a quick video to show the symptoms when I start CSGO, for example:  - note that this also happens with all other app, firefox, display settings, anything that creates a window.

Sounds like a driver issue that makes the device panic reboot.

I tried to install the 17.2.71.250 TB3 driver, it didn't change anything.

I installed the Aorus Graphics Engine, it shows no updates, no bios update either.

I'm a bit out of solutions, I created a ticket with Gigabyte and let you know what they say, but I'm about to return it.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Flyer
(@flyer)
Eminent Member

Hi.  I'd like to get one of these.  May I ask if Gigabyte tech support solved your issue?  Thx.

2017 14" Lenovo Yoga 920 [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 [build link]  

athnios liked
ReplyQuote
apleks
(@apleks)

They took 5 days to reply, but I didn't have all that time, after 4 days I had returned it. And they replied with more generic questions. I would recommending avoiding Gigabyte tbh. I ordered an HP Omen Accelerator, we'll see.

After I told them I returned it, they just told me:

Let us know if there are any other questions you may have with our products.

Suure.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote