Aorus Gaming Box (GTX 1070) - USB not working properly  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

mac80211
(@mac80211)
September 25, 2017 7:33 pm  

Hello everyone,

I've been using my Gigabyte Aorus Box (the GTX 1070 version) for some weeks now. Things are working pretty well so far with one exception: USB. I already posted about this some days ago on /r/egpu and encountered two other people who are having similar issues. As you guys are dedicated to eGPUs on this forum I figured to try my luck here.

I have connected the eGPU to an Intel Skull Canyon NUC running the Windows 10 Creators Update with the latest Thunderbolt 3 drivers using the Thunderbolt cable that came with it. The Aorus box currently runs on the original non-H2D 1.0 firmware.

The issue is as follows: Whenever I plug in USB devices, things go somewhat crazy. Input devices like my keyboard, mouse or even Steam Controller get detected by the OS. However, they stop working randomly for a few seconds and work again shortly after.

I also tried a generic USB soundcard. There is severe audio crackling when listening to e.g. music. Recording audio through the soundcard makes things go even worse.

I originally thought that the H2D update was the culprit as it reduces bandwidth for USB devices. After switching between the original 1.0 and 1.0 H2D firmware this doesn't seem to be the case to me anymore.

Strangely enough, things work just fine randomly on both 1.0 and 1.0 H2D. However, this only happens very rarely.

Is anyone of you Aourus Gaming Box users here on this board experiencing this as well? I'm still not sure if I have recieved a faulty unit from Gigabyte at this point.

I'd like to use the ports on the Gaming Box because my Skull Canyon NUC only has four. While I could technically use an USB hub I'd prefer using the 3 ports on the Aorus as I then don't have to put another small box on top of my table. And I guess that peripherals like keyboards and mouses don't consume that much USB bandwidth.

Thank you very much in advance! 🙂

tl;dr

• AORUS Gaming Box 1070, Intel Skull Canyon NUC
  • Windows 10, latest TB3 drivers
  • USB input devices randomly stop working for a few seconds, audio crackling with USB soundcard
  • Happens on both firmware 1.0 and firmware 1.0 H2D

ReplyQuote
irev210
(@irev210)
Trusted Member
September 28, 2017 1:13 pm  

yes, it's not an Aorus specific issue, it's any eGPU.

Do this:

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options

Show additional plans

Select High Performance for your NUC

Select Change Plan Setting

Select Change advanced power settings

Select the + sign next to USB settings

Select the + sign next to USB selective suspend setting

Select Setting: Enabled, change to DISABLED

That should fix your issue, please confirm that it does.

ReplyQuote
mac80211
(@mac80211)
September 29, 2017 5:22 pm  

Looks like my issues are finally fixed now.

Thank you so very much!!! 😀

ReplyQuote
adam_0089
(@adam_0089)
October 9, 2017 11:42 pm  

Hello, i did exactly what you mentioned but still the gaming box is not connecting, when i plug it in it says Try improving the USB connection.

What should I do? it’s brand new and I still can’t use it

ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
October 10, 2017 12:30 am  

@adam_0089, what computer are your using with eGPU? Check and update BIOS and Thunderbolt firmware from the manufacturer.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

82 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
remiadf
(@remiadf)
October 22, 2017 3:30 am  

Thank you. That did the trick for me as well. Do you have a solution for LEDs in the Aorus gaming box as well? The led option is not there. Aorus engine says vga instead of gaming box down to the left and there’s no led icon down to the right. 

NUC6i7kyk latest update and firmware installed. 

Aorus gaming box latest update and firmware installed. 

ReplyQuote
Driver
(@driver)
November 8, 2017 5:08 am  
Posted by: mac80211

Hello everyone,

I've been using my Gigabyte Aorus Box (the GTX 1070 version) for some weeks now. Things are working pretty well so far with one exception: USB. I already posted about this some days ago on /r/egpu and encountered two other people who are having similar issues. As you guys are dedicated to eGPUs on this forum I figured to try my luck here.

I have connected the eGPU to an Intel Skull Canyon NUC running the Windows 10 Creators Update with the latest Thunderbolt 3 drivers using the Thunderbolt cable that came with it. The Aorus box currently runs on the original non-H2D 1.0 firmware.

The issue is as follows: Whenever I plug in USB devices, things go somewhat crazy. Input devices like my keyboard, mouse or even Steam Controller get detected by the OS. However, they stop working randomly for a few seconds and work again shortly after.

I also tried a generic USB soundcard. There is severe audio crackling when listening to e.g. music. Recording audio through the soundcard makes things go even worse.

I originally thought that the H2D update was the culprit as it reduces bandwidth for USB devices. After switching between the original 1.0 and 1.0 H2D firmware this doesn't seem to be the case to me anymore.

Strangely enough, things work just fine randomly on both 1.0 and 1.0 H2D. However, this only happens very rarely.

Is anyone of you Aourus Gaming Box users here on this board experiencing this as well? I'm still not sure if I have recieved a faulty unit from Gigabyte at this point.

I'd like to use the ports on the Gaming Box because my Skull Canyon NUC only has four. While I could technically use an USB hub I'd prefer using the 3 ports on the Aorus as I then don't have to put another small box on top of my table. And I guess that peripherals like keyboards and mouses don't consume that much USB bandwidth.

Thank you very much in advance! 🙂

tl;dr

• AORUS Gaming Box 1070, Intel Skull Canyon NUC
  • Windows 10, latest TB3 drivers
  • USB input devices randomly stop working for a few seconds, audio crackling with USB soundcard
  • Happens on both firmware 1.0 and firmware 1.0 H2D

Hi all, same issue with MacBook Pro 13' 2017 TB. Can you help with solution? Thanks advance

ReplyQuote
tchuna
(@tchuna)
November 22, 2017 9:08 am  

Hello few days back I bought new eGPU  Aourus 1080 gaming box. graphic and displays working properly (3 x 4K DELL P2715Q ) but, peripherals connected through eGPU and its USB (mouse and keyboard) freezes repeatedly. I tried modify USB power settings mentioned here. USB settings was not present in power plan settings so I need to add them via registry in this guide  https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/51294-power-options-add-remove-usb-selective-suspend.html. But still after modifying  USB selective suspend setting to disabled mouse and keyboard still freezes. Are there any other settings which can solve the issue? When I use my only one USB port on my Lenovo Yoga 920 with USB hub integrated in my monitor it works properly.

ReplyQuote
Smackintosh
(@smackintosh)
November 22, 2017 10:19 am  
Posted by: tchuna

Hello few days back I bought new eGPU  Aourus 1080 gaming box. graphic and displays working properly (3 x 4K DELL P2715Q ) but, peripherals connected through eGPU and its USB (mouse and keyboard) freezes repeatedly. I tried modify USB power settings mentioned here. USB settings was not present in power plan settings so I need to add them via registry in this guide  https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/51294-power-options-add-remove-usb-selective-suspend.html. But still after modifying  USB selective suspend setting to disabled mouse and keyboard still freezes. Are there any other settings which can solve the issue? When I use my only one USB port on my Lenovo Yoga 920 with USB hub integrated in my monitor it works properly.

I have the same issues with the 1070 box, even after changing the registry settings.  There appears to be a bandwidth component to the problem too.  If I only use a keyboard, it seems fine.  If I add a gaming mouse, both the keyboard and mouse will freeze up.  My USB DAC also has tons of static if used.  I am anxiously awaiting a firmware update to fix these problems.  Come on Gigabyte.  This is a known issue.

2016 13" Macbook Pro TB + [email protected] (Aorus Gaming Box) + macOS10.13.1 + Win10 // 22XX H2D using hotplug

tchuna liked
ReplyQuote
tchuna
(@tchuna)
November 22, 2017 10:57 am  

Thx for information. Please, do you have link to gigabyte forum or support where they track this issue? I would like to be informed how is the progress with it. I wrote ticket on their support, and they was like there is no known problem at all. Attaching their response lower.

Question: Hello, i got problems with my new eGPU. graphic working flawlessly but problém is with usb peripherials connected via eGPU like mouse and keyboard. They freezing for intervals. Stops working and after few seconds they work properly and again repeating stoping and running. I check the forums, seems like common problém with eGPU and also with your lower model egpu with 1070. Please what settings should i do to get it working properly. Will ther be driver/firmware update. If so when. Do you know about the issue. Are others also experiencing it? 11/20/2017 11:22 AM
Answer:

Dear Radek,

Sorry for the problem you encountered. The problem may cause by the improper connection. Kindly confirm the power cord and Thunderbolt 3 are connected well to power plug and laptop Thunderbolt 3 output and try again. If possible, try other USB keyboard / mouse or test other USB device and see if the problem remains or not. 

Meanwhile, the drivers which on our website are verified and without the problem. You can remove the current VGA card driver, then reboot the motherboard and install your VGA card driver from our web site, click here

If there is anything we can support further through our system, please provide us product serial number and invoice to verify channel information as different terms may apply.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

11/22/2017 2:42 AM
        survey helpful Do you think this answer is helpful? YesYes   NoNo  

Product Info
Product Name: AORUS GTX 1080 Gaming Box
BIOS Ver: F20
Operating System: Win 10 64-bit
Driver Ver: 23.21.13.8831

ReplyQuote
mbp8k
(@mbp8k)
Eminent Member
November 22, 2017 6:41 pm  

Yeah I have this problem too on my macbook pro 2017  win10 1709 + aorus gaming box 1080 using default firmware and the provided 1.5ft tb3 cable. Usb mostly works but intermittently hangs (probably about once every 10 seconds). Its bad enough that I had to switch to using a separate usb hub.

I also tried disabling the usb suspend settings but they didnt seem to help.

tchuna liked
ReplyQuote
tchuna
(@tchuna)
November 22, 2017 8:45 pm  

Just created new ticket on gigabyte support. Hopefully they will give me some info if they can replicate or guide me how to get it working properly via some settings tweaks.

mbp8k liked
ReplyQuote
Kim_KJD
(@kim_kjd)
November 27, 2017 2:51 pm  

This USB issue is only present in the H2D firmware update for the 1070, which I presume they may have used for the 1080 versions. I've been complaining for months on getting this fixed but it falls on deaf ears at Gigabyte, the guys here though are top shelf.

The advice of changing the USB settings work for some but not for all, and we only got it by digging around on here. I've lost hope that a new firmware addressing this USB issue will be released, as most can just plug a USB peripheral into a spare space on their machine directly. Please let us know if there is any progress on your ticket.

tchuna liked
ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
November 27, 2017 3:07 pm  

The core of this expansion USB issue is with Intel and the enclosure Thunderbolt firmwares. While I don't know exactly the cause, Intel should be more upfront about addressing this usability concern.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

82 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
tchuna
(@tchuna)
November 27, 2017 4:40 pm  

Gigabyte support requested quite detailed info about my system (firmwares, bios and drivers version) in few steps and pass it to some other team within the gigabyte company. They communicate quite frequent so looks like they definetly looking into it. Will keep you updated about the progress.

ReplyQuote
w2best
(@w2best)
December 1, 2017 2:29 pm  

I have exactly the same problem!

Gigabyte gaming box is the only Egpu available in Sweden but unfortunately I'll have to return it after only testing it out. 

I have no faith that Gigabyte will solve this issue and I'm not going to have a 600 euro box standing on my desk without being used...

ReplyQuote
adamdavi3s
(@adamdavi3s)
December 1, 2017 3:23 pm  

Watching this thread....

I had a similar issue last night, with anything plugged into USB my HDMI (Oculus headset) kept disconnecting every few mins

unplugging the USB seemed to help (needs further testing)

i just assumed it was my precision m5520 and it’s crappy 2 lanes.....

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin
December 1, 2017 3:47 pm  

@all, the GTX1070 Gaming Box was released with a 25.25 firmware with the H2D issue. Subsequently, two new firmware were released for it at https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1070IXEB-8GD#support-dl

GTX1070 owners with USB issues should test the first firmware above. I believe this may be statically allocating USB bandwidth so that CUDAZ/AID64 H2D is lowered from 22xx to 15xx or (19xx) MiB/s, which is still better than half-H2D of 11xx of the 25.25 original firmware.

What that does is improve USB device responsiveness improves. Some CUDA-Z benchmarking would confirm this static allocation. This firmware downgrade strategy is also being applied by Mantiz whose Venus enclosure users are reporting the same USB unusability with full H2D firmware.

As for GTX1080 Gaming Box owners, no such firmware exists for you guys at present. Maybe ask for one or a partial refund for a USB hub since the advertised USB ports are not functional? The GTX1080 and GTX1070 Gaming Boxes have different device IDs so the GTX1070 firmware cannot be flashed to the GTX1080 enclosure using Intel's firmware flashing tool.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + macOS 10.14 & Win10

theitsage liked
ReplyQuote
ICULikeMac
(@iculikemac)
Estimable Member
December 1, 2017 9:25 pm  

Good info thanks Nando. I have been one of the lucky ones with the USB ports working (2017MBP 15") I installed the F1.0 however are you able to explain the difference between the two? 

Thank you in advance!

Late 2017 15" MBP w/R560
Late 2013 Mac Pro + AGB1070 - MacOS
Late 2012 Mac Mini + AGB1070 - MacOS + Win10

ReplyQuote
irev210
(@irev210)
Trusted Member
December 2, 2017 3:17 am  
Posted by: ICULikeMac

Good info thanks Nando. I have been one of the lucky ones with the USB ports working (2017MBP 15") I installed the F1.0 however are you able to explain the difference between the two? 

Thank you in advance!

Macs seem to have better USB support vs windows.  There are definitely driver differences that make the mac work better

The different firmwares don't do anything, for me anyway.

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin
December 2, 2017 6:06 am  
Posted by: ICULikeMac

Thank you in advance!

It's expected that the GTX1070 Gaming Box F.01 firmware statically allocates 5 or 10Gbps of bandwidth for the USB devices.

If you want to confirm, then load Windows without using apple_set_os.efi and run CUDA-Z noting host-to-device (H2D) values with F.01 and F.01H2D firmware like shown below:

It is expected that:

1. F.01H2D gives a CUDA-Z 22xxMiB/s H2D as shown above.

2. If the F.01 firmare is statically allocating USB bandwidth then that number will decrease to [email protected] or [email protected] depending on what static USB bandwidth has been preallocated in the firmware.

Nobody has yet has done this CUDA-Z benchmarking for these firmwares to know what H2D bandwidth penalty, if any, using them has.

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table    •    Several builds
2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 M1000M + macOS 10.14 & Win10

ReplyQuote
ICULikeMac
(@iculikemac)
Estimable Member
December 2, 2017 6:36 am  

Okay thanks for your reply, I'll look into doing that this week!

Late 2017 15" MBP w/R560

nando4 liked
ReplyQuote
corey3999
(@corey3999)
December 3, 2017 3:29 am  

I have the 1070 version of the gaming box and I have experience with a few laptops. Hopefully someone here can suggest something.

First things first, my XPS 15 9550 works perfectly. It was literally plug and play. I did the h2d firmware update and everything still worked perfectly. Never had to change usb settings of any kind, it was and still is perfect.

I ordered a razer blade stealth late 2017 with 8th gen intel cpu's a few weeks back and it was a nightmare. Keyboard and mouse kept disconnecting constantly, sometimes the box itself would just disconnect. However, the usb 3.0 to ethernet adpater worked flawlessly as well as my flash drive. I tried disabling USB selective suspend and went into device manager and changed the usb power settings. I tried both firmware versions for the aorus gaming box and neither worked. Gigabyte support as well as Razer support were both useless and both blamed the other company for the issue.

After returning the razer blade stealth I got the lenovo yoga 920. I am having similar issues as with the razer blade stealth. USB to ethernet adapter both work fine but keyboard and mouse don't work. It is just an endless cycle of connecting and disconnecting or they just freeze altogether. Also have audio crackling when listening to anything when I am connected to the gaming box.  I tried messing with all the usb power and selective suspend settings and nothing made a difference. Neither version of the firmware works. I tried calling lenovo and they didn't even understand what I was trying to explain and they said I should just return it.

Both the yoga 920 and the razer stealth are running eighth gen CPU's which I heard were supposed to be the latest and greatest. Also heard you shouldn't run eGPU's on 2 lane thunderbolt 3 ports but low and behold the XPS 15 is the only laptop that works. Also the XPS 15 says it doesn't support eGPU's and the yoga 920 and razer stealth's thunderbolt ports both say they do support eGPUs.

Tried running the gaming box on my XPS 15 using the gaming box to charge my XPS 15 and everything still works so it isn't as if the added power delivery is affecting the ports. Disappointed that gigabyte seems to have no clue what is going on because this seems to be a common issue. If anyone here has any explanation I am open to any and all suggestions.

ReplyQuote
sullivan
(@sullivan)
December 5, 2017 2:07 am  

Hi, I am new to the community, just got a 1070 gaming box and manage to get it working on a 2016 15” mbp. The epu is pluged into the left front port while charging cable at the back. Problem is if I plug anything into the ports on the right side (test both ports, ssd and usb-c adapter), Windows will crash or encountering error 43 if I plug everything in before booting up. The usb ports on AGB works fine, though the mouse is not functioning as good using the usb-c adapter. Also I intended to install games on the external ssd, but they can’t be use at the same time. Have you encounter issues like this? Thanks

ReplyQuote
ICULikeMac
(@iculikemac)
Estimable Member
December 5, 2017 8:45 am  

Hi Sullivan,

Are you wanting to use an external display or internal?

Late 2017 15" MBP w/R560

ReplyQuote
deathtrapz
(@deathtrapz)
Eminent Member
December 5, 2017 9:04 am  

Sullivan, firstly you don't need to plug in the charger while using your eGPU as the aorus 1070 already provides 100 watts of charging power! And secondly the reason the crashing is the ports on the right side share the same bandwidth and the ports on the left side also share the same bandwidth. So when your eGPU is plugged into the left side and you plug something into the other port on the left while the computer is on you essentially 'steal' the bandwidth available from the eGPU starving it causing the computer to crash. So what I suggest is that you plug the gaming box in on the port on the right and your external SSD and whatever else on the left.

2017 MBP 15" - Aorus Gaming Box 1070 - 2012 iMac 21.5"

ICULikeMac liked
ReplyQuote
sullivan
(@sullivan)
December 5, 2017 1:51 pm  

Hi deathtrapz, I tried your solution egpu on the right and ssd on the left and the gaming box lights on and the mouse connected to the egpu works as well. However windows can't drive the external display due to error 12

ReplyQuote
sullivan
(@sullivan)
December 5, 2017 1:53 pm  

Hi ICULIKEMAC I am using a external monitor

ReplyQuote
ICULikeMac
(@iculikemac)
Estimable Member
December 11, 2017 7:06 am  

Hi Nando and all,

So I have tested both firmwares 1.0 & 1.0H2D and would recommend the 1.0 for general usability. The H2D from what I can tell has marginal impact plus you loose all USB functionality other than if you're not doing anything intense. 

See attached benchmarking FYI:

Late 2017 15" MBP w/R560

ReplyQuote
Flyer
(@flyer)
Eminent Member
December 11, 2017 2:55 pm  
Posted by: corey3999

I have the 1070 version of the gaming box and I have experience with a few laptops. Hopefully someone here can suggest something.

First things first, my XPS 15 9550 works perfectly. It was literally plug and play. I did the h2d firmware update and everything still worked perfectly. Never had to change usb settings of any kind, it was and still is perfect.

I ordered a razer blade stealth late 2017 with 8th gen intel cpu's a few weeks back and it was a nightmare. Keyboard and mouse kept disconnecting constantly, sometimes the box itself would just disconnect. However, the usb 3.0 to ethernet adpater worked flawlessly as well as my flash drive. I tried disabling USB selective suspend and went into device manager and changed the usb power settings. I tried both firmware versions for the aorus gaming box and neither worked. Gigabyte support as well as Razer support were both useless and both blamed the other company for the issue.

After returning the razer blade stealth I got the lenovo yoga 920. I am having similar issues as with the razer blade stealth. USB to ethernet adapter both work fine but keyboard and mouse don't work. It is just an endless cycle of connecting and disconnecting or they just freeze altogether. Also have audio crackling when listening to anything when I am connected to the gaming box.  I tried messing with all the usb power and selective suspend settings and nothing made a difference. Neither version of the firmware works. I tried calling lenovo and they didn't even understand what I was trying to explain and they said I should just return it.

Both the yoga 920 and the razer stealth are running eighth gen CPU's which I heard were supposed to be the latest and greatest. Also heard you shouldn't run eGPU's on 2 lane thunderbolt 3 ports but low and behold the XPS 15 is the only laptop that works. Also the XPS 15 says it doesn't support eGPU's and the yoga 920 and razer stealth's thunderbolt ports both say they do support eGPUs.

Tried running the gaming box on my XPS 15 using the gaming box to charge my XPS 15 and everything still works so it isn't as if the added power delivery is affecting the ports. Disappointed that gigabyte seems to have no clue what is going on because this seems to be a common issue. If anyone here has any explanation I am open to any and all suggestions.

Hi Cory.   Any success with your 920 & Aorus 1070 gaming box yet?  I have a 920 and want to buy an Aorus 1070 or 1080.  

If no luck, have you read through the successful implementation threads in the implementation guide? 

In this thread, Ochichka had a trouble free installation with another eGPU.  Somehow he knew to upload a new Thunderbolt driver from the Intel website instead of the Lenovo website....have you tried this?   If not, please do and let us know if it might work.

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2017-14-lenovo-yoga-920-gtx-1080ti-asus-rog-xg-station-2-win10-enterprise-1709/#post-26163

Additionally, in these threads, the 920 successfully drives the Sonnet Puck eGPU, so the 920 should work if the driver conflicts are deconflicted?

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2017-lenovo-yoga-920-rx-56032gbps-tb3-breakaway-puck-win10-theitsage/

https://egpu.io/sonnet-breakaway-puck-review-pint-sized-compromise/

Your thoughts?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Flyer
(@flyer)
Eminent Member
December 12, 2017 10:26 pm  

Update:  bought the Auros 1080 gaming box and connected it to my Yoga 920 today.  It's working.  🙂  I'll post details in an separate implementation post. 

ReplyQuote
tchuna
(@tchuna)
December 13, 2017 7:28 am  
Posted by: Flyer

Update:  bought the Auros 1080 gaming box and connected it to my Yoga 920 today.  It's working.  🙂  I'll post details in an separate implementation post. 

Hi Flyer, what drivers for thunderbolt did you use? The one from YOGA support site or the Inte NUC one you suggested in post earlier? I have Yoga 920 with Gaming Box Aorus 1080. It works ok but the problem is with USB pheripherials (mouse, keyboard) trought Gaming BOox. By saying it is working you mean, that Graphic is working or that you also have mouse and keyboard connected trough it and there is no freezing at all.

Thx

ReplyQuote
tchuna
(@tchuna)
December 13, 2017 7:47 am  
Posted by: Flyer

Hi Cory.   Any success with your 920 & Aorus 1070 gaming box yet?  I have a 920 and want to buy an Aorus 1070 or 1080.  

If no luck, have you read through the successful implementation threads in the implementation guide? 

In this thread, Ochichka had a trouble free installation with another eGPU.  Somehow he knew to upload a new Thunderbolt driver from the Intel website instead of the Lenovo website....have you tried this?   If not, please do and let us know if it might work.

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2017-14-lenovo-yoga-920-gtx-1080ti-asus-rog-xg-station-2-win10-enterprise-1709/#post-26163

Additionally, in these threads, the 920 successfully drives the Sonnet Puck eGPU, so the 920 should work if the driver conflicts are deconflicted?

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/2017-lenovo-yoga-920-rx-56032gbps-tb3-breakaway-puck-win10-theitsage/

https://egpu.io/sonnet-breakaway-puck-review-pint-sized-compromise/

Your thoughts?

Thanks.

I used drivers suggested in Ochinka guide you pointed on. Now it works properly. No USB pheriperials freezing at all. Thank you very much. Will speak with Lenovo support that drivers on their web site is not good one. Drivers i use are here

ReplyQuote
Kim_KJD
(@kim_kjd)
December 13, 2017 8:34 am  

So perhaps this could be the same for Macbook Pro, I’m going to have to play around with different thunderbolt drivers. What a pain.

ReplyQuote
Flyer
(@flyer)
Eminent Member
December 13, 2017 3:23 pm  

Tchuna, great to hear!  Most welcome.

ReplyQuote
usafballer
(@usafballer)
Eminent Member
December 16, 2017 2:31 am  

I'm trying to update the firmware on my Aorus Gaming Box within Bootcamp, but I'm getting errors saying the Thunderbolt Service doesn't exist.  

I am currently using the Aorus just fine in Bootcamp to play games via hotplug method.  Am I missing some software on my machine in order to fully utilize this thing?  The reason I want to update the firmware is because CUDA Z is only reporting that I'm getting 12xxx H2D bandwidth, which I believe means I'm running pre-1.0 firmware?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next