Bootcamp Windows 10, Sonnet eGPU with Nvidia GeForce1080 Ti by MSI, Mac Pro 2013, Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 Adapter: How to get Windows to recognize the graphics card?  

RSS

(@jebbuhdiah_dean)
November 15, 2018 8:00 am  

Everything powers on fine but there's no recognized Nvidia card.  The GeForce driver installer from the Nvidia site finds no Nvidia card.  

How to get Windows to recognize the graphics card?

Side note: There were no markings on the four count different connectors on the ends of flexible wires that had to be plugged into the top of the graphics card, but they all fit as they were made to (solid fit, latch in place).  The only question is if they are supposed to be plugged in in a given order; there are two count of each type (the 1-row type and the multi-row type).

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote
ICULikeMac
(@iculikemac)
Estimable Member
November 15, 2018 11:52 am  

Hi @jebbuhdiah_dean, 

It's not great news for the Mac Pro's and bootcamp. I tried endlessly to get this to work and instead built my own computer and installed hackintosh. I will replace this with the new mac mini which will have similar results to the Mac Pro.  

See this post for more info:

https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/mac-pro-nmp-61-2013-egpu-bootcamp-win10-latest-results-always-been-error-43/#post-44427

2018 13" Macbook Air
Late 2012 Mac Mini - MacOS + Win10
Asus XG Station Pro (Vega 64 295TDP)

theitsage liked
ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
November 15, 2018 2:46 pm  

The Mac Pro trashcan may officially be the most neglected Mac of all time. I was never able to get eGPU working with it.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

86 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
(@jebbuhdiah_dean)
November 16, 2018 5:41 am  

Thanks everyone; this is some great information.  I tried to hot-plug right as the dots reached the top of the circle for the first time, but no luck.  Fortunately, there are a lot of Windows gaming desktops coming out now with Thunderbolt 3.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote