can anyone tell me whats the best gpu upgrade for Aorus Gaming Box RX580? AMD 57...

Notifications
Clear all

can anyone tell me whats the best gpu upgrade for Aorus Gaming Box RX580? AMD 5700XT?  

RSS

jisongkun
(@jisongkun)

this eGPU box is great for its form factor and 100W PD delivery.

but RX580 is just a bit weak for my usage (video editing final cut pro x) 

can it be upgraded to the AMD 5700XT ITX ver. or it needed a lot of modifications in order to do it?

thanks in advance!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@jisongkun, There's no RX 5700 XT in ITX form factor. PowerColor offers RX 5700 ITX in Japan and Russia but no where else. I upgraded my RX 580 Gaming Box with an RX Vega 56 Nano so you may be able to find it used online.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
jisongkun
(@jisongkun)

@itsage, thank you for the reply. does 5700xt ITX require AGB board soldering to power on? if not I will see if I can get some friends to help me buy one in Japan.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@jisongkun, Yes there were at least one attempt installing the RX 5700 ITX inside the Gaming Box. It requires power modifications for the card to power on.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
jisongkun
(@jisongkun)

@itsage, thanks again. I very much appreciate your help. now job is to get an ITX from factor AMD 5700XT. also one more question, is this power modification universal for all the cards that wont turn on in AGB? or it is specific for the 5700? 

ReplyQuote