[SOLVED] Cannot connect Razer Core X to ASUS Zenbook UX325JA

Notifications
Clear all

[SOLVED] Cannot connect Razer Core X to ASUS Zenbook UX325JA  

RSS

Nikita Ar4ikov
(@nikita_ar4ikov)

Hello there!

I have ASUS Zenbook UX325JA with 2x Thunderbolt 3 ports and the solution with Razer Core X. But suddenly I connect a egpu, the notebook detects it, then disconnects it and connects it again. And this situation is looped forever. 

Windows has automaticly installed Thunderbolt Control Center from MS Store and I think there's no drivers on TB3 and I can't find it. Intel's guides says that it should works with TB Control Center, but...

How can I fix that problem?

(eGPU isntalled - RTX 2060S 8GB)

This topic was modified 2 months ago
2020 13" ASUS ZenBook UX325JA [10th,4C,U] + RTX 2060 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@nikita_ar4ikov, Have you tried cold-boot with the eGPU connected? Look into the BIOS settings and see if you can change Thunderbolt Security settings (to No Security).

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Nikita Ar4ikov
(@nikita_ar4ikov)

@itsage, I've tried it. In my BIOS settings there's one option in Thunderbolt Controller settings: No Security. And when I try to cold-boot with my eGPU-connected, notebook doesn't start (only power-on black screen without any logos & etc.). Whenever I try power-on my notebook with eGPU, it starts normally but have the same problem as described in topic. And when I try to reboot notebook, notebook doesn't start.

This post was modified 8 months ago
2020 13" ASUS ZenBook UX325JA [10th,4C,U] + RTX 2060 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@nikita_ar4ikov, Remove the RTX 2060S from the Razer Core X then try again. I know some GPUs cause boot-hang and that might be the culprit to your connection issue.

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Nikita Ar4ikov
(@nikita_ar4ikov)

@itsage, I've removed 2060S. Notebook starts successfully but same problem, autodisconnect and looped.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@nikita_ar4ikov, That's too bad. You may have to look into updating the BIOS/firmware for the laptop.

ReplyQuote
Nikita Ar4ikov
(@nikita_ar4ikov)

@itsage, I've tried to install many other different BIOS versions: nothing. Btw, sometimes there is a success connection, and when I disconnect and reconnect the cable - same troubleshooting.

ReplyQuote
Nikita Ar4ikov
(@nikita_ar4ikov)

I've installed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and the same problem. It probably means that the problem not in OS-level, pick down to BIOS-level or Hardware-level

ReplyQuote
Nikita Ar4ikov
(@nikita_ar4ikov)

Hello there, guys!

I've FINALLY solved it! 
So, as I know, ASUS or new Intel Tiger Ridge Chips needs to use Tb3 cables from LIST OF VENDORS (mb its dumb theory, but I have no reason to think different)

As fact, after 1.5 month of brainduckinguseless actions and 2 requests to tech support service, I'd randomly decided to buy an Apple Tb3 Type-c 0.8m cable in my local store. And, finally, after cancelled response from tech support, I tried to plug in Apple cable. 

FAQ:
Q: Maybe you have some old troubled Razer Core cable?
A: Probably. There's a chance that my Razer Core cable have some issues with lines in it or with input part. at this moment I cannot trust it and check it. 

Q: Have you tested other Tb3 Docks or Hubs with both cables yet? 
A: Not yet.

Boltoway liked
ReplyQuote
Boltoway
(@boltoway)
Estimable Member

@nikita_ar4ikov, This is great news, and good info for the forum for future users. Kudos! 

2021 14" Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i Pro (MX450) [11th,4C,H] + RTX 3060 @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 21H1 [build link]  

ReplyQuote