Cheap Nvme To TB3 adapter for TB2/3 16Gbps 2 lanes build!

Notifications
Clear all

Cheap Nvme To TB3 adapter for TB2/3 16Gbps 2 lanes build!  

RSS

mr.ribeiro
(@mr-ribeiro)
Trusted Member

Some days ago i have found this JEYI LEIDIAN x2 Nvme to tb3 on AliExpress. It costs U$ 65, and is cheap for a 2 lanes (16Gbps) build with a Adt riser like R42xx. In case of use on x4 will lost two lanes and decrease the performance, but still usable and even more with external monitor. The most cheapest founded here by @nando4 in this price Razer Core v2 board, recently increased the price and now is 150$~, almost the value of a used Tb3 enclosure with additionals. 

nando4 note>> JEYI LEIDIAN or WAVLINK UTE02 are x4 devices starting at ~US$80. For the extra US$15 you get a more versatile 4-lane TB3 device, with better performance and resale value.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

I wonder why it's only 2 lanes? Thunderbolt 3 controller gives 4 lanes for free.

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

ReplyQuote
mr.ribeiro
(@mr-ribeiro)
Trusted Member

@joevt, By the description is listed at 20gbps, and i don't know what are the controller model on it.

Ps: Sorry for bad english.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote