Connect Asus Thunderboltex 3-TR to Asus x570-e gaming (that no have a thb header...

Notifications
Clear all

Connect Asus Thunderboltex 3-TR to Asus x570-e gaming (that no have a thb header)  

RSS

Antonio De Martino
(@antonio_de_martino)

First of all I would like to apologize for my English, I am Italian so please be lenient. I have assembled a PC with an x570 which does not have a thb-c header, but I read in a post a few years ago, that it was possible to get around the problem by connecting pins 3 and 5 of the cable to be attached to the mobo. This bypass was done on a Titan Ridge, and I would like to know if it is also applicable on a Thunderboltex 3-TR. Also I would like to know if it is enough to do just this or there are also other mandatory steps to follow. As a last question I would like to know if it is a risky thing and, if something goes wrong, what do I risk to damage: the whole pc or just the mobo and the Thunderboltex?

thank you with all my heart ❤️

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote