Connecting ASUS X299-Prime Deluxe II as a network partner

Notifications
Clear all

Connecting ASUS X299-Prime Deluxe II as a network partner  

RSS

Michael Stanton
(@michael_stanton)

Since I bought them I have been trying to connect my Asus machines up in a daisy-chain with each other, a OneStopSystems Magma box and a TerraMaster 8 drive enclosure.  I want the whole thing to function as a happy family storage and network wise   The ASUS documentation implies that one of the Display Ports can be used as a return path when running as a daisy chain. Does anyone have experience wit that layout?  What kind of cable do you use that gives you DP on one end and TBT-3 on the other. I have not seen such a thing.

Tanks

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@michael_stanton, In my experience using Thunderbolt on desktop motherboards, the DP IN port is to strictly produce Thunderbolt monitor output. I don't think we can achieve bi-directional data flow; network/storage upstream and DP downstream through a single Thunderbolt cable. You can try connecting a DisplayPort cable from your graphics card to the DP IN port of the motherboard and see if this arrangement works for your components.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote