Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
Constant connect/disconnect Cycles - Razer Blade Stealth (8550U), Razer Core v2,...

Constant connect/disconnect Cycles - Razer Blade Stealth (8550U), Razer Core v2, Radeon RX 580 (8GB)  

RSS

shaneknysh
(@shaneknysh)

Greetings,

I have looked through the forum and on Reddit and I see a few reports of connection issues with the Razer Core v2. I just picked up a new Stealth with a Core V2 and a RX 580 (based on this build). When I plug in the core it powers up but after 0 to 10 minutes I start getting a disconnect/reconnect cycle that will eventually just disconnect and stay disconnected. I can restart the cycle by unplugging the core for 20-30 seconds. 

Razer is recommending RMA the core.

If I RMA the core I will have  used up my return window for the rest of the hardware. I like the stealth and I am comfortable keeping the laptop even if I can not get the eGPU to work with it.  I am worried I am going to end up returning the Core if the second one doesn't work and getting stuck with the RX 580 that I can no longer return. 

How worried should I be that the Core is just never going to work?  Is there anything I should try/test before I decide on sending in the unit for RMA? Should I just return the Core and the RX 580 and try another enclosure? 

Thanks!
Shane

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
ChrisH
(@chrish)

@shaneknysh Hey! I know this is an old post … but I'm facing similar issues atm. How did it end for you? Were you able to solve the problem?

Razer Core X; GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 580 nitro+ OC; MacBook Pro 13-inch (late 2013); not working currently

ReplyQuote
shaneknysh
(@shaneknysh)

Sorry Chris I ended up returning everything. I went through several setups of enclosures and laptops but ended up getting a Razer 15 and dropping the external GPU idea altogether.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote