(@golgo)
Eminent Member

Hey everyone,

First the setup:
Lenovo Carbon X1 8th Gen 
Intel i7 10510U 

Razer Core X (2020)
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti 

Drivers etc. are all up to date etc., any updates so far have not fixed the problem.

More often than not, when I connect the eGPU the whole connection process etc. works fine.
After a while, lets say roughly 2-10min., the CPU will start to clock down to about 0.5GHz and stay at that clock speed. It eventually recovers for a few minutes but will clock down again, this process can repeat itself over and over again.

I tried multiple things and had the impression they started to work, but would find out eventually that it was merely a coincidence and was only reproducible by chance (I guess?)
For instance, for a certain time, restarting the Laptop twice would work.
Waiting to start heavy load apps after connecting the eGPU.
Disconnecting the power completely from the eGPU before reconnecting it etc.
Tried multiple different cables.

As I said, these methods only seemed to work but have failed to stand the test of time so far.

However, when the eGPU was connected and the CPU did stay stable, the connection and clock speeds would stay stable all the way. Even sleep mode etc. would not fuck it up again.

Does anyone have the same issue or might even know how to resolve it?
Or at least have an idea as to what causes the problem?

Many thanks in advance and have a nice week guys,
Golgo

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Golgo
(@golgo)
Eminent Member

See https://egpu.io/forums/thunderbolt-enclosures/throttled-cpu-performance-when-thunderbolt-3-egpu-connected-native-windows-10/#post-85069

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote