does thunderbolt 3 dock can work with aorus gtx 1070 gaming box

Notifications
Clear all

does thunderbolt 3 dock can work with aorus gtx 1070 gaming box  

RSS

denymiller1
(@denymiller1)

Hi my pc doesnt have a thunderbolt connect only usb 3. So i wanted to buy the thunderbolt 3 dock and connect it to my pc by usb cable so i could have  a thunderbolt 3 connection . i need this connection to use  an aorus gtx 1070 gaming box . So someone know if the aorus gtx 1070 gaming box will work with the thuderbolt 3 dock? please i need an answer i have a pc with core i7 so i dont want to buy a new one but i can buy this two things so if someone know if it works please write me .

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
chx
 chx
(@chx)
Estimable Member

The USB 3.0 port is capable of transmitting 5 gpps, TB3 is capable of 20 / 40, depending. You can't do this.

Lenovo ThinkPad 25 -- GALAX SNPR TB3 1060 -- Lenovo Graphics Dock -- Benq BL2411PT - - two PackedPixels - Dasung not-eReader backer

ReplyQuote
switch
(@switch)
Estimable Member

You must have a ThunderBolt 3 - capable system to use Thunderbolt 3 enclosures. There is no way around that.

2016 15" HP ZBook 15 G3 [Xeon E3-1545M, Iris Pro p580, no dGPU] + [email protected] (Aorus Gaming Box) + Win10pro

2018 15" HP ZBook 15 G5 (Q P1000) [8th,6C,H] + GTX 1070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote