Clear all

Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1070 Gaming Box Review - Tiny but Mighty  

of  25
  RSS

ludalex
(@ludalex)

Posted by: itsage
Posted by: ludalex

Awesome review, thank you. I'm considering to buy this to game on my 2016 MBP 15" with boot camp Win10 - in the review you mention that it works but with some struggles but can you confirm that it ultimately works reliably?

Also, when you say "I won’t go into details in this review because we’re working on a comprehensive Bootcamp eGPU setup guide for Thunderbolt 3 MacBook Pro."  do you mean that an implementation guide for Aorus + MBP 15" 2016/7 + Win10 will be posted soon? 

PS: entering the giveaway 😀

The late-2016 15" MacBook Pro has been unreliable in Windows 10 via Bootcamp with this AORUS Gaming Box. I'm trying different methods to find one that works best before publishing the setup guide.

Thanks, waiting anxiously. I will receive a AORUS soon and I have exactly that setup. Let me know if I can help.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
alvinsong
(@alvinsong)

Hi

I just got one of these and im trying to get it work on bootcamp windows 10 after succeeding in mac os, My laptop is the late 2016 Macbook Pro 13" with touchbar and only the cpu integrated graphics, i7 and 16 rams. Everytime I plug it in the bootcamp system(either plug and reboot or hot plug), it either freaks out with blue screen and crash, restarts, or it does nothing and doesnt recognize it at all. Can you give me a guide on how to fix that?

awesome review btw, thx a lot, I've been looking foward to this for a long time

P.S: I do not have a external display, if there is a need for it, I can use my tv

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
MEJazz
(@mejazz)

Anxiously waiting fir firmware update to enable full host-to-device speed to purchase...

ReplyQuote
v7z7v7
(@v7z7v7)

I really like this eGPU. I'm hoping to pair it with a Zenbook Deluxe or Pro for a nice professional laptop for school and gaming when I'm not studying.

ReplyQuote
mattlee
(@mattlee)

Been following the release of the gaming box since its announcement. Hoping for one with an radeon card as I have a monitor with freesync. Please count me in for the draw!

ReplyQuote
fleon
(@fleon)

I've been entertaining the idea of an eGPU to go with the XPS 13. This is probably enough to convince me to pull the trigger. It's so small! Giveaway would be unreal!

ReplyQuote
peroksid
(@peroksid)

Love these sff eGPUs. I hope more competitors would go this way (I don't even mind an external power brick, if that's what it takes to go really small). Breaking a leg for the giveaway ... 😉

ReplyQuote
nlx
 nlx
(@nlx)

Great review with a lot of helpful information.

I'm from Denmark and studying to become a sustainable energy engineer. I have been looking into eGPU's for quite some time now because this would boost my CAD, CFD and overall work efficiency, as well as my gaming experiences, while still maintaining mobility. So count me in on the competition😊 (I will gladly pay the shipping expenses to Europe if I'm the lucky winner).
Hopefully Gigabytes firmware update will give further improvements but other than that the AORUS GTX 1070 Gaming Box seems like the best eGPU solution currently available.
Keep up the good work, I love this site!

Best regards

ReplyQuote
Mitch
(@mitch)

I am currently working with the akitio node. It's good but its big and sometimes noisy. Giveaway Yeeesss! The portability is incredible...

2012 15" MacBook Pro Retina (GT650M) [3rd,4C,Q] + GTX 980 Ti @ 10Gbps-TB1>TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + macOS 10.12.2 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
juniordiscart
(@juniordiscart)

I was on the fence of buying one of these, but I'd like to see indeed some firmware fixes first to know that it will work properly. But, a giveaway gift is always welcome. 😉

ReplyQuote
 of  25