Notifications
Clear all

Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1070 Gaming Box Review - Tiny but Mighty  

of  25
  RSS

baris3
(@baris3)

hello,

I am thinking about buying Auorus GTX 1070 gaming box, I have 15" RMBP with 750m. There seems to be to much hassle just to get it work with W10. Can I get it work without installing rEFInd ? I have W10 installed, can't I just plug and play with few modifications ? 

And would it only run external monitor with W10 ? Is it possible to run only with external without doing modifications or fewer modifications ?

And If I do use external display only, would the graphics performance be equal to other gaming laptops equipped with the GTX 1070 ?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Flint Ironstag
(@flint-ironstag)
Estimable Member

Posted by: Chris Cheng

Best review I've seen so far. Do you have any VR devices such as Oculus Rift or HTC Vive to test and see how well it runs with 90FPS in VR environment?

I run a Vive with a Supermicro box roughly equivalent to Mac Pro 5,1 + GTX 1070 FE.  Runs everything on high settings so far.  I've spent a bit checking out all the games and experiences - it crushes them all smoothly at high settings.

Will be testing on 6,1 and High Sierra beta once I get it installed.

MP 6,1 | 4c | d700
MP 6,1 | 6c | d500

ReplyQuote
Bac0n01
(@bac0n01)

Fantastic review, the future of egpus is looking bright, hopefully this provides much needed competition in the space!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Snorex
(@snorex)

Best review I've seen for this egpu! A giveaway sounds awesome!

ReplyQuote
(@alex_stevenson-price)

Great review. I hope we'll eventually see better Nvidia support in macOS 10.13, but sadly not yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ReplyQuote
yangsta999
(@yangsta999)

Awesome in-depth review, really leaves not much to be wondered. I’d love to be counted in for the giveaway seeing as where I'm from the price of everything is jacked up + international shipping

ReplyQuote
zadillo
(@zadillo)

Great review, especially looking forward to more details in the boot camp guide. I'd love to win this in the giveaway to pair with my 15" MBP

ReplyQuote
ViDtje
(@vidtje)

Great review!

Would love to win this and make it work with my late 2016 15" MacBook Pro.

ReplyQuote
(@duncan_stevenson-price)

This is a pretty interesting looking device. I'd love to give it a try!

ReplyQuote
VxD
 VxD
(@vxd)

Thanks for the review and the giveaway!

Do the LED settings stick on a reboot to, say, macOS?

ReplyQuote
 of  25