Clear all

Gigabyte Releases AORUS GTX 1080 External Gaming Box  

of  2
  RSS

benr
 benr
(@benr)
Eminent Member

Has anyone successfully replaced the fans in either of the Aorus Gaming Boxes? I find the high whine very annoying when rendering.

I bought a pair of Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX fans, which are clearly the correct size, but I am not terribly familiar with PC building or fan wiring, and got lost when trying to correctly wire them in the Gaming Box.

Any advice much appreciated!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Flyer
(@flyer)
Eminent Member

Posted by: benr

Has anyone successfully replaced the fans in either of the Aorus Gaming Boxes? I find the high whine very annoying when rendering.

I bought a pair of Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX fans, which are clearly the correct size, but I am not terribly familiar with PC building or fan wiring, and got lost when trying to correctly wire them in the Gaming Box.

Any advice much appreciated!

There is a fan replacement discussion in the posts at the end of this article.  Please post after you figure out if this works.  Smile

2017 14" Lenovo Yoga 920 [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
benr
 benr
(@benr)
Eminent Member

Ah, many thanks. I’m reading through that thread and will report back. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  2