Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
GIGABYTE Releases AORUS RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Box Liquid Cooled eGPU

GIGABYTE Releases AORUS RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Box Liquid Cooled eGPU  

RSS

itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

Gigabyte has been working on improving its Gaming Box lineup. To produce more powerful options with better cooling and acoustic performance, the footprint needed to be larger than the current Mini-ITX Gaming Boxes. This is the second generation Gaming Box with enough room for AIO liquid cooling system. The radiator is 240mm with a pair of 120mm fans. This new Gaming Box also uses dual Thunderbolt 3 controller configuration for expansion ports. From early renders, the graphics card is placed horizontal rather than vertical in most enclosures. It helps with component arrangement to minimize enclosure footprint. Bottom layer is the PSU, Thunderbolt 3 main board, and expansion board. Middle layer is the GPU PCB with its monitor output ports (3x DisplayPorts, 1x HDMI, 1x USB-C/VirtualLink). Top layer is the liquid cooling system so that hot air blown out the top through the 240mm radiator. I would imagine there’s intake fan/s in the bottom layer. Once my media sample arrives in the coming weeks I will post unboxing with further detail.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Graphics-Card/GV-N208TIXEB-11GC/

The world’s 1st water-cooling external graphics

Taipei, Taiwan, November 1st, 2019 – GIGABYTE, the world’s leading premium gaming hardware manufacturer,today announced AORUS RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Box, the world’s 1st water-cooling external graphics. AORUS RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Box is equipped with the most powerful NVIDIA TuringTM architecture GeForce RTXTM 2080 Ti graphics card and the latest ThunderboltTM 3 high-speed transmission interface and this combination not only brings powerful 3D gaming performance to the Thunderbolt™ 3-enabled Ultrabook laptop but also upgrades the Ultrabook for real-time ray tracing game, creators and deep learning. The AORUS WATERFORCE Cooling System is the only solution that combines performance and comfort, allowing users to enjoy a quiet and comfortable environment while handling heavy work.

AORUS RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Box is the world’s 1st external graphics box with a built-in all-in-one water cooling system. In order to enjoy the best GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti computing performance and both a quiet and comfortable environment at the same time, AORUS WATERFORCE is the only solution that can satisfy both demands in a compact size. AORUS provides an all-around cooling solution for all key components of the graphics card. We take care of not only the GPU but also the VRAM and MOSFET to ensure a stable operation and longer life. AORUS WATERFORCE all-in-one cooling system integrates a large copper plate, a 240mm aluminum radiator and two 120mm fans. With an optimized pump and water block, it provides the most efficient water flow and cooling performance at a lower noise level.

This topic was modified 1 month ago

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use | eGPU enclosure buying guide

AquaeAtrae, The_Livy, jefniro and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

I was just thinking its been a while since we had a new release! Looks interesting, still waiting on a couple of releases Mantiz has promised us...

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Famed Member Moderator

@itsage

Well that’d be one expensive box then. Where are the official tech specs and pricing? A quick google search didn’t turn it up. 

purge-wranglerpurge-nvdaset-eGPU
2018 MacBook Pro 15" RP560X + RX 5700 XT (Mantiz Venus)

ReplyQuote
The_Livy
(@the_livy)
Eminent Member

It still appears to have the same 40 mm PSU fan size though. makes me wonder how much less noisy it can be in stock condition.
Also questionable how much profit you gain by getting this one over a Razer Core X Chroma. The Chroma is only slightly bigger (74 mm in length, 28 mm in width and 57 mm in height) now and keeps the upgradability which appears to be gone with the 2080 Ti Gaming Box.

@mac_editor specs can be found here. As for pricing.. it sure will be one hell of an expensive box there.

This post was modified 1 month ago

How to undervolt your GPU

2017 13-inch MacBook Pro TB
Aorus Gaming Box 1070 (EVGA GTX1060 3G) - silent mod #1
Aorus Gaming Box 1080 (standing by for use) - silent mod #2 (TBD)

mac_editor and itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@the_livy I’m very curious about the power supply too. I hope it’s not the exact same one in 1st gen Gaming Box. As for pricing, the RTX 2080 Ti Extreme Waterforce graphics card is $1,350 on Amazon currently. An enclosure with comparable features to this new Gaming Box is the Core V2 ($499) or Core X Chroma ($399). Given how aggressive Gigabyte has been with their Gaming Box pricing, I think this new eGPU will be in the range of $1,500 – $1,700.

This post was modified 1 month ago

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use | eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
OdinsPlayground
(@odinsplayground_1)

I've been eyeing the 2070 Gaming box for a while now, but was waiting for them to update their lineup. So this is quite good news. However.... not sure if double the price (currently listed as $1500 on amazon) will be worth it. It's also quite a bit bigger than the previous gaming boxes, as I wanted something relatively portable. 

Would love to see some benchmarks once this is out and in people's hands. Both how it compared to the 2070 gaming box, and to the internal 2080 TI. 

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
cnon297
(@cnon297)

That’s impressive!  A high performance 2080 Ti eGPU providing a “quiet and comfortable environment.”  It reminds me a little of the Corsair One if it were designed to be placed on its side.  Are those removable dust filters?  

I’m partial to the smaller form factor of the current Aorus gaming box tho.  It would be nice to see an update to that design.

2019 13" MacBook Pro dual TB3 4-core 1.4GHz i5 + Akitio Node + MSI 1080Ti
2009 Mac Pro 5,1 with 3.47 6-core Xeon + AMD Radeon HD 7970 (flashed)

ReplyQuote
AquaeAtrae
(@aquaeatrae)
Eminent Member

Been waiting for something like this. Now I'm looking forward to seeing some benchmarks with one of the newer ultrabooks. I'd love to game or VR after a full day on battery! And the carry on bag would be perfect when I'm travelling for work.

Here's some better photos showing the removable side filters. I'm still very curious to see how easily the GPU might be replaced later. Might future Waterforce cards be compatible?!
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Graphics-Card/GV-N208TIXEB-11GC/gallery#gallery

This post was modified 1 week ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote