Notifications
Clear all

Gigabyte RX 580 GAMING BOX failed adventures  

RSS

shotbygl514
(@shotbygl514)

I have a MBP 15" 2018 mac OS Mojave.

Bootcamp - no issue (so far).

I picked up the RX 580 Gaming box from Amazon.ca and when I plugged it in, identified as RX 560 instead. I'm away for xmas for 4 days but I already started the return process with Amazon to get a full refund. Now in the mean time RX560 may not be the best but at least i should be able to enjoy R6 on medium, some LoL on high, Borderland, etc.

Issues encountered:

• No LED light
  • Fan not turning
  • PD does charge but only if I dont use the eGPU - if i do, it slow drains it out despite stating its charging

I started with my crusade as per other threads:

https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/how-to-check-firmware-version-gigabyte-gaming-box-rx-580/

https://egpu.io/forums/thunderbolt-enclosures/how-to-know-which-bios-my-aorus-rx580-gaming-box-have/

to update (or roll back) the FW as 1.3 is botched (could be the cause of the above)

New issues:

• running GPUZ shows me that there is no bios on the video card
  • running any given Thunderbolt 3 controller update tells me there are no thunderbolt. Considering that i have a 2018 MBP it was suggested that I would use Titan Ridge - the drivers installs however the Software and Control Center does not want to launch or install because it states there are no Thunderbolt(TM) available - however I see in the Device Manager 

I've tried the official software and drivers from Gigabyte also - no available (states that I do not have such thunderbolt)

I've tried uninstall - delete driver, restart from legacy + v17 - no avail.

Now im here. (i still got 4 more days before I'm back to a "normal" pc), but would like this to work out - any suggestions would be appreciated

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@shotbygl514 This Gaming Box is either altered or malfunctioning. Not worth putting in more time or effort imo. 

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote