Gigabyte RX580 Gaming Box Broken on 10.13.5

Notifications
Clear all

Gigabyte RX580 Gaming Box Broken on 10.13.5  

RSS

aznkid14
(@aznkid14)

Updated to 10.13.5 beta and now my Gigabyte Gaming Box isn't recognized. Don't know what the issue is, but definitely something going on.

Forgot to mention. I'm on a 15" MacBook Pro Late 2016 with Touch Bar.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
ikir
 ikir
(@ikir)
Prominent Member

Pretty strange, do you have script or hacks installed? It is plug on play in your machine. Try to keep it disconnected for a minute, the GPU could keep wrong information.

does the system profile detect it? Is it your external display connected
to eGPU?

MacBook Pro 2018 Touch Bar i7 quad-core 2.7Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB PCIe SSD
my awesome Radeon VII eGPU
my Mantiz Venus extreme mod with Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64

ReplyQuote
aznkid14
(@aznkid14)

Unplugging the box for 10secs worked. Thanks for the advise.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@neo302)

Posted by: aznkid14

Updated to 10.13.5 beta and now my Gigabyte Gaming Box isn't recognized. Don't know what the issue is, but definitely something going on.

Forgot to mention. I'm on a 15" MacBook Pro Late 2016 with Touch Bar.

I have this as well and it seems far more pickier than my Sonnet 550W.  I am having problems with it working consistently on TB2 connections.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

I tested just now and there's no issue. If you encounter power issues with the Gaming Box, unplug the power cable and leave it off for at least 10 minutes to reset.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote