Help: Gigabyte Gaming Box - video card alternative

Notifications
Clear all

Help: Gigabyte Gaming Box - video card alternative  

RSS

Alan Ferreira Leite
(@alan_ferreira_leite)

Hello everyone,

I have a Gigabyte Gaming Box, that comes with RX 580, but the video card doesn't work anymore.

I don't know if I have another option of video cart, that fits in this enclosure. 

Is there one easy-plug-and-play video card substitution to use with my enclosure? I'm using MacOS Catalina. If work in Bootcamp too will be best .. Smile

Thank you for the awesome website, you are doing a great job and help me a lot undertanding egpus.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

There's several builds using non-factory graphics cards in the Gigabyte/AORUS Gaming Box chassis that can be reviewed to answer your query:

https://egpu.io/best-external-graphics-card-builds/?table_filter ="Gaming Box ^((?!(RX\s580|GTX\s1070|GTX\s1080|RTX\s2070|RTX\s2080\sTi)).)*$"

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Alan Ferreira Leite
(@alan_ferreira_leite)

Thank you.

I can't find "Vega 56 Nano" to sell =/

I'm trying to buy another RX 580, but I don't think it is the same dimensions: 

https://www.pichau.com.br/hardware/placa-de-video-gigabyte-radeon-rx-580-8gb-gddr5-windforce-256-bit-gv-rx580gaming-8gd

40mm x 232mm x 116mm

And I can't found on the web a RX 580 mini/nano version... 🙁

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@alan_ferreira_leite, RX Vega 56 Nano production ended last year. Very unlikely for you to find one available even on the used market. You can look for VisionTek RX 5500 XT ITX on Dell website or PowerColor RX 5600 XT ITX on Newegg.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote