Help Required - XPS 13 9300, Razer Core X Chroma, RX 5600 XT

Notifications
Clear all

Help Required - XPS 13 9300, Razer Core X Chroma, RX 5600 XT  

RSS

(@peter_ceiley)

I'm at my whits end with this setup. Any suggestions are welcome at this point.

Setup

Issue

• BSOD during the installation of radeon drivers (DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION)

What I've tried

• Using DDU to remove drivers - even the Intel ones
  • Installing the Intel DCH drivers before installing the radeon ones
  • Radeon driver versions 20.4.2 & 20.2.2
  • Radeon cleanup utility
  • Latest Firmware / BIOS / driver updates (yes - they're ALL up to date now)
  • Many, many, many (did I say many?) combinations of the above
  • Joined Windows insider updates, updated to Windows 2004 (May update)

What comes close

• Booting the system with the eGPU connected
  • Driver install usually completes, and I have a working system for a while
  • "Ejecting", removing, then subsequently reattaching the eGPU results in system crash / reboot
  • Bitlocker prompt when booting with eGPU connected. Subsequent Bitlocker prompt when booting with eGPU disconnected.
  • Not a sustainable solution for my use case - mostly due to bitlocker prompts and inability to disconnect/reconnect on the fly

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
(@peter_ceiley)

Just a followup for those who stumble across this with similar issues. Looks like it's the card (it's brand new!). I swapped it out for an older RX 570 and it works flawlessly.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
(@peter_ceiley)

The only question I have now: is it likely to be a faulty card or simply that the drivers aren't there yet (given it's pretty new)?

I need to decide whether to return/replace it, but I'm not sure whether to wait it out for new drivers that could fix it in the future...

ReplyQuote