Help Required - XPS 13 9300, Razer Core X Chroma, RX 5600 XT
I'm at my whits end with this setup. Any suggestions are welcome at this point.
- BSOD during the installation of radeon drivers (DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION)
What I've tried
- Using DDU to remove drivers - even the Intel ones
- Installing the Intel DCH drivers before installing the radeon ones
- Radeon driver versions 20.4.2 & 20.2.2
- Radeon cleanup utility
- Latest Firmware / BIOS / driver updates (yes - they're ALL up to date now)
- Many, many, many (did I say many?) combinations of the above
- Joined Windows insider updates, updated to Windows 2004 (May update)
What comes close
- Booting the system with the eGPU connected
- Driver install usually completes, and I have a working system for a while
- "Ejecting", removing, then subsequently reattaching the eGPU results in system crash / reboot
- Bitlocker prompt when booting with eGPU connected. Subsequent Bitlocker prompt when booting with eGPU disconnected.
- Not a sustainable solution for my use case - mostly due to bitlocker prompts and inability to disconnect/reconnect on the fly
Just a followup for those who stumble across this with similar issues. Looks like it's the card (it's brand new!). I swapped it out for an older RX 570 and it works flawlessly.
The only question I have now: is it likely to be a faulty card or simply that the drivers aren't there yet (given it's pretty new)?
I need to decide whether to return/replace it, but I'm not sure whether to wait it out for new drivers that could fix it in the future...