Notifications
Clear all

Help with Late 2013 iMac 27  

RSS

DinkinFlicka
(@dinkinflicka)

Hello Friends,

I'm new here and not quite as computer savvy as I'd like so hopefully I can ask this in a way that isn't too irritating...

I play my games via Bootcamp windows 10 on my late 2013 iMac. It runs old Sierra on the Mac side, (but I don't know if that matters because I never use the Mac side.)  My goal is to be able to play the new games coming out now and for the next couple of years. Recently, games like Death Stranding and Doom Eternal are a no-go.  I have two Thunderbolt 1 ports

iMac late 2013 27 Inch

3.4GFz Intel Core i5

Nvidia GeForce GTX775M 2048 MB

Ram 16GB

My question is basically just, is eGPU an option? What kind of damage ($) and trial and error am I looking at? Getting boot camp working in the first place felt like a big technological victory for me so I'm no Kevin Mitnick (is that reference too outdated?)  I have this big lug of a PC so if buying a gaming laptop were the best option, the iMac would be pretty useless to me.  Plus, from what I can tell, a good gaming laptop ends up at around 1k which is more than I'd like to have to spend but maybe that's just what it is, but please be real with me.   

I appreciate the help. Truly, I do. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote