Notifications
Clear all

US$299 HP Omen Accelerator TB3 enclosure/dock  

of  32
  RSS

JRSerjeant
(@jrserjeant)
Eminent Member

I get what you both mean. I'm looking forward to seeing more about it. 

Anyone got a speculation ideas on what the price in the UK might be?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Eludiax
(@eludiax)

With most of what i have seen, the eGPUs in europe are:
price + +-100 dollars, convert that to pounds, and voila.

So in this case, 300 + 100 = 400
400 dollar = 306 pounds, so right about 300 - 310 pounds i think.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
selsey
(@selsey)

I have come across the Omen Accelerator page on HP UK store here. They have priced it at £299. I have placed an order and they are estimating delivery for 31st July it has been dispatched and is due to be delivered tomorrow (28th July).

JRSerjeant, nando4, nielz and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
JRSerjeant
(@jrserjeant)
Eminent Member

Just Googled "hp omen accelerator" and noticed a sponsored ad in the side bar. Looks like the accelerator can be ordered with an estimated delivery of 1st Aug.

ReplyQuote
JRSerjeant
(@jrserjeant)
Eminent Member

Posted by: selsey

I have come across the Omen Accelerator page on HP UK store here. They have priced it at £299. I have placed an order and they are estimating delivery for 31st July it has been dispatched and is due to be delivered tomorrow (28th July).

Opps, sorry did see your post before I submitted mine.

Are you able to share some pictures from when yours arrives?

ReplyQuote
Denjin
(@denjin)
Eminent Member

I've ordered one from the UK store, but it's Saturday.  Supposedly was still in stock so when I get it I'll post some pictures.  Planning to use it with my Aero 15 and my GTX 1080 on 3440x1440 external display.

Asus GM501 + GTX1080@32Gbps-TB3 (HP Omen Accelerator) + Win10 (no guide)

ReplyQuote
4chip4
(@4chip4)
Estimable Member

I ordered mine a while back, the store claims it should arrive on Monday, happy to verify things for folks here or post images of it. Hope to use it in a dock/external display setup with my (2017) Spectre x360, and in some basic VR scenarios.

2017 HP Spectre x360 15 i7-8550U GTX150 + GTX970@16Gbps-TB3 (HP Omen Accelerator) + Oculus Rift + Win10 (no guide)
HP Omen Accelerator Thunderbolt 3 enclosure legs stand removal walkthrough
Employed by HP, but my posts and opinions expressed on this forum are my own.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
selsey
(@selsey)

Mine arrived on Friday, but have only just had a chance to get it out. Here are the first few pics:

20170730 113822
20170729 112224
20170729 112142
20170729 112135
20170729 111854

ReplyQuote
4chip4
(@4chip4)
Estimable Member

Posted by: BlackJack84

Not to mention that keeping all else equal (box size, i.e. thermals), just tilting it 45° sideways means +42% footprint for no other purpose than, err, aesthetics. So to say.
Neither it can be stacked with, say, an external hard drive.
My inner engineer is hurting.

One tiny note from a fellow engineer - the box size being equal does not imply equal thermals.  Without trying to imply any specific numerical differences on the Omen itself, tilting a case *can* improve thermals (adds more area(s) that can be used for air intake/exhaust, eliminates dead bottom areas, plus, just for completeness, fins can add radiation area to the box). Now, the *amount* of thermal improvement over a flat box that you get just by tilting is probably not going to be a stellar, so I agree the visual is likely a far stronger component there than raw engineering (plus, there is the family resemblance since the "big" Omen X is also tilted).

2017 HP Spectre x360 15 i7-8550U GTX150 + GTX970@16Gbps-TB3 (HP Omen Accelerator) + Oculus Rift + Win10 (no guide)
HP Omen Accelerator Thunderbolt 3 enclosure legs stand removal walkthrough
Employed by HP, but my posts and opinions expressed on this forum are my own.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
JRSerjeant
(@jrserjeant)
Eminent Member

Thanks for posting the pictures. Are you able to confirm if the feet and detachable to allow it to sit flat on its side?

ReplyQuote
 of  32