Notifications
Clear all

US$299 HP Omen Accelerator TB3 enclosure/dock  

of  32
  RSS

4chip4
(@4chip4)
Estimable Member

Went through for me, it's 0126 now (was 0104). Don't see any difference in terms of operation, but I did not have the problems above, so couldn't tell even if there was any difference.

Screenshot (68)

2017 HP Spectre x360 15 i7-8550U GTX150 + GTX970@16Gbps-TB3 (HP Omen Accelerator) + Oculus Rift + Win10 [no guide] HP Omen Accelerator Thunderbolt 3 enclosure legs stand removal walkthrough
Employed by HP, but my posts and opinions expressed on this forum are my own.

ReplyQuote
kUMters
(@kumters)

>> Does anyone have similar experiences or knows a way to solve this problem?
The same issue for me. I tried it 5 times with two different OMENS...

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Golgo
(@golgo)
Eminent Member

Have you tried updating it again and checked what FW is installed when the update starts?
My update used to end like yours but next time I ran the update again, it was still on 104.

Anyhow it would still be nice to know how to install the FW cause I do have occasional bugs that I'd like to get rid of.

Greets

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Gordon Fitzsimmons
(@gordon_fitzsimmons)

My update initially reports 104 but then refreshes, saying I have 126, matching update version. It states PASS. Then fails update, presumably as already on 126. I also note the versions are 1.0A on HP site.

Device continues to work well. Looking forward to trying a 2080 out next half of the year 🙂

ReplyQuote
sprengo
(@sprengo)

Mine behaves in the same way. At first the update windows states PASS but then an error message pops up.

ReplyQuote
Golgo
(@golgo)
Eminent Member

Did anyone find a solution to this? I'm a little disappointed by the sotware support HP offers.
The Omen Accelerator is one of the most promising eGPUs but fails especially when it comes to software (and build quality).

ReplyQuote
kisscoool18
(@kisscoool18)

I've got the same problem : firmware update passes and then shows a error popup...

2018 13" Dell XPS 13 9370 [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (HP OMEN Accelerator) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Karim Fatehi
(@k_electron)

Also having the firmware update failure. Any luck with hp support on this?

Also USB devices are lagging. Anyone able to fix that with active tb3 cable?

ReplyQuote
Golgo
(@golgo)
Eminent Member

There seems to be a new installer available (march version) on the HP website.
I'll be able to test it tomorrow, maybe share your experience as well Smile

4chip4 liked
ReplyQuote
Gordon Fitzsimmons
(@gordon_fitzsimmons)

Thanks for the alert @golgo. Seems to work. Omen flicks on and off and I get system message saying update has been successful. I note the bin file is the same as the previous update which didn't seem to do much. HP_GA1_10_Accelerator_Shiva_AR_EP_A68_B1_rev25_W_TI83B_020_25_SEC1_sign.bin

The HP note only says "Fixes an issue where an update to the accelerator firmware does not install properly."

I'd try and see if the update fixes the I/O port problem but I can't be bothered - everything is working great with separate USB hub 🙂

ReplyQuote
 of  32