Is the gtx 1650 super supported by the Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box 550?

Notifications
Clear all

Is the gtx 1650 super supported by the Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box 550?  

RSS

Flext Inc
(@flext_inc)

So I'm planning on building an egpu setup with my macbook pro 13" 2017. I have already installed Windows 10 via bootcamp. I looked up the best gpus according to their price performance ratio. I found the gtx 1650 super and I believe it will be fast enough for my needs. For the egpu I want to get the sonnet gfx breakaway box (mainly because of it's fair price). I have already looked up the compatibility list on sonnet's website, but the gtx 1650 super isn't listed. However, the gtx 1650 is. So does the gtx 1650 super fit (and work) into the sonnet gfx breakaway box

I'm planning on getting this GPU: KFA2 GeForce GTX 1650 Super EX (4GB)

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

Rick Wood liked
ReplyQuote
Rick Wood
(@rick_wood)

@flext_inc, i am also looking for the answer for the same eGPU solution.

Have you tried it?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Flext Inc
(@flext_inc)

Hi! 
Yes, I actually got mine a few weeks ago and it works perfectly. I've never experienced any issues so far. So the eGPU and the GPU work great together.
Which laptop are you planning on using? Unfortunately I couldn't get the GPU to run with macOS Catalina on my MacBook Pro. But I'm mostly using Windows 10 via bootcamp anyway.

If you have any questions just ask. I'd be happy to help.

ReplyQuote
Anibal Montano
(@anibal_montano)

Hello! I tried this setup on my Lenovo 730 13ikb machine and it works. I used the Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1650 super from Amazon. I needed to restart the laptop after first plugin for Windows to detect the setup, and another time after the drivers recognized the Sonnet + card.

I hope this helps!

ReplyQuote
Anibal Montano
(@anibal_montano)

Just an update. I bought the one fan 1650 OC and realize on this model the fans always run at 30% capacity. This seems to be a "feature" that the two fan 1650 does not include. I think is a bit noisy and I'm planning to get the two fan version just for that.

ReplyQuote