Issue with Blade 15 Advanced (mid 2019)+Core X Chroma

Notifications
Clear all

Issue with Blade 15 Advanced (mid 2019)+Core X Chroma  

RSS

ApePat
(@apepat)

Hi guys, happy new year! Anyway I wonder if someone can help. I just got a blade 15 advanced (mid 19) with 2080 max q and core x chroma with 2080 ti. I thought it would be straight forward but turned out it’s more complicated then I thought...

I encountered code 43 for the 2080 max q after connecting the blade to the core x chroma - it did appear to be resolved by simply reinstalling the nvidia drivers.

Now my main problem is that when I turn off the blade the core x chroma will go quiet then the fans of the 2080 ti will go full on and the only ways to power the card down is to remove the thunderbolt 3 cable or by the power button of the core x chroma. Bios/drivers on my blade are all up to date. Anyone knows how to resolve this?

This topic was modified 1 year ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@apepat The Radeon VII is well-known for a similar issue. Which particular model is your RTX 2080 Ti?

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
ApePat
(@apepat)

It’s a Inno3D 2080 Ti Gaming OC X3. I did a few further testings, it appears that it has nothing to do with my Blade... I plugged it to a usb hub that has a type c while it was connected to nothing (and no power) and the chroma’s PSU would start plus the 3 fans of the card. It would stop again if I powered it down manually or unplugging the type c cable. I removed the card and tried plugging to the hub again and I could hear the PSU turned on. I contacted Razer and they said it should not do this and they would arrange a replacement now - not sure if that’s really the case but guess I can only tell when I try it with another unit.

It’s going to be a long wait I think - won’t get a RMA email until next week apparently and they need to receive the defective unit before sending out a new one so I don’t think I will get a replacement until end of Jan as it takes a week to send it from UK to their Europe warehouse (and vice versa)... Wished I got it from Amazon sigh...

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote