Notifications
Clear all

Lenovo mini-Egpu with GTX 1050  

RSS

ritterbutzke
(@ritterbutzke)
Eminent Member

Hi, I saw this on reddit the other day and was suprised no one talking about it here. Lenovo is releasing a mini Egpu with GTX 1050.
They presented it at the Microsoft Keynote @ 26:10 https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/08/30/how-to-watch-microsofts-keynote-at-ifa-2017/

Looks similar to the Acer Graphics Dock but with Pascal.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

rhx123 and itsage liked
ReplyQuote
kleveland
(@kleveland)

I would be interested to see the price point this sells at; from the looks of it you can't really upgrade it at all and it looks so small it might be a mobile 1050.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

It’s most likely an MXM card for these handheld eGPU enclosures.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: kleveland

I would be interested to see the price point this sells at; from the looks of it you can't really upgrade it at all and it looks so small it might be a mobile 1050.

1060Mobile. 

Mantiz: ● ●

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

Looks nice but 1050 isn't the most powerful of cards... if it were a 1060/1070 I might consider getting one. Exciting times ahead for eGPU's though.

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

ReplyQuote
(@cpauya)

Thanks, this is a good find!  

It's called the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock priced at $279.99 in their US estore:  http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/docking/universal-cable-docks-usb/Thunderbolt-Dock-US/p/40AC0135US  

More eGPU options for us. Smile

Edit: Sorry, this looks like an old product announced last year.

Macbook Pro 13-inch early 2015, Macbook Airs in the office from 2012-2015 models.

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: Eightarmedpet

Looks nice but 1050 isn't the most powerful of cards... if it were a 1060/1070 I might consider getting one. Exciting times ahead for eGPU's though.

1060M solution should be. but only 75W or less, so performance is about 50% of the standard 1060 or even lower.

Posted by: cpauya

It's called the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock priced at $279.99 in their US estore:  http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/docking/universal-cable-docks-usb/Thunderbolt-Dock-US/p/40AC0135US  

Above product you mentioned is not an EGPU. 

Mantiz: ● ●

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
 chx
(@chx)
Estimable Member

Posted by: ritterbutzke

Hi, I saw this on reddit the other day and was suprised no one talking about it here. Lenovo is releasing a mini Egpu with GTX 1050.
They presented it at the Microsoft Keynote @ 26:10 https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/08/30/how-to-watch-microsofts-keynote-at-ifa-2017/

Looks similar to the Acer Graphics Dock but with Pascal.

Instant want. Shut up and take my money. This is what I wanted. This is all I need. Perfect companion -- for me at least -- to the Thinkpad Anniversary 25 I will buy next month. Gimme, gimme, gimme!

Lenovo ThinkPad 25 -- GALAX SNPR TB3 1060 -- Lenovo Graphics Dock -- Benq BL2411PT - - two PackedPixels - Dasung not-eReader backer

ReplyQuote
(@cpauya)

Posted by: Mymantiz_John 
Posted by: cpauya

Above product you mentioned is not an EGPU. 

Apologies, was too excited to find details. Smile

Macbook Pro 13-inch early 2015, Macbook Airs in the office from 2012-2015 models.

ReplyQuote
rhx123
(@rhx123)
Eminent Member Moderator

The port layout looks very similar to the Acer Dock. Wonder if same OEM.

Saddened it's a 1050 not 1050Ti, this is the same trap the Acer dock fell in. Also I'm better no USB-A on the rear, same as the Acer Dock too, so no un-messy way of using it as a desktop dock.

Just not enough performance to make it worthwhile for me, but nice to see other products coming onto the market.

XPS 13 9360 + Acer Graphics Dock

itsage liked
ReplyQuote