Looking For Help - Akitio Node Pro with 1080ti 2017 MBP  

RSS

(@rory_ohagan)
February 7, 2018 7:45 am  

Hello,

I have recently purchased and installed the Akitio Node Pro with a 1080ti and my MBP 2017.

I have been following the guides on this site for 3 days now and not having any success.

Is anyone willing to assist me with this setup? 

Payment negotiable.

Regards

I have yet to list my system & eGPU hardware or link a build guide in my signature. I will do so soon to give context to my posts.

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor
February 7, 2018 9:11 am  

let us help you!
Mantiz Support team
[email protected]

Mantiz: ShopFacebookTwitter

ReplyQuote
jefniro
(@jefniro)
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote
(@rory_ohagan)
February 7, 2018 12:29 pm  

Both High Sierra and Windows 10

I have yet to list my system & eGPU hardware or link a build guide in my signature. I will do so soon to give context to my posts.

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member
February 7, 2018 12:44 pm  

Which guides? What are you finding is going wrong? Is the enclosure recognised? Is the card recognised? Did drivers instal correctly? Are you using an external screen? What firmware is your Node Pro using?

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touchbar + [email protected] (AKiTiO Thunder3) + Win10
2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar + [email protected] (Sonnet Breakaway Box) + Win10

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar + GTX1070 (debating 2070 upgrade) @32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core V1) + Win10
---
LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

ReplyQuote
(@rory_ohagan)
February 8, 2018 11:38 am  

Update:

All working now.

Trap for young players - the USB-C cable that comes with an MBP is not TB3. (really kicked myself for this one)

Supreme credit goes to yifanlu  https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/wip-nvidia-egpu-support-for-high-sierra/

My steps were -

1. Install webdriver.sh easily with Homebrew

brew tap vulgo/repo
    brew install webdriver.sh
  2. Run the Nvidea driver provided by  yifanlu (Likely redundant)
  3. Run in terminal csrutil enable --without kext)
  4. Run the Egpu package provided by  yifanlu
  5. Run the Nvidea driver provided by  yifanlu (I suspect this had something to do with fixing the caches

Pertaining to Bootcamp/Windows 10, it seemed to miraculously download the drivers itself. 

Thanks to everyone who offered help.

ReplyQuote