Mac Mini 2018 Razer Core-X EGPU Setup  

RSS

wasko
(@wasko)
November 29, 2018 4:48 am  

Hi all,

I just took delivery of a Razer Core-X which is housing a Vega 56 and I have this connected to my 2018 Mac Mini with a 32 inch 4K LG Monitor. I am struggling to find what the setup here should be in terms of what cables go where. 

If I boot into OS with the Mac Mini connected directly to the monitor (via USB-C) and then switch across to the Vega 56 (which is connected to the Mac Mini via TB3 and monitor via DP) then it works fine. If I try powering on the Mac Mini with it connected solely to the EGPU via TB3 and the Vega 56 connected to the monitor [(Mini) ->(TB3) -> (EGPU) -> (DP) -> (Monitor)] I get a black screen...

I this how it is supposed to work or am I missing something?

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
wasko
(@wasko)
November 29, 2018 5:04 am  

Of course as soon as I posted that I found the answer  😳 

Damn FileVault was switched on

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Bmac
 Bmac
(@bmac)
December 7, 2018 3:15 am  

I am having the same issue only FileVault is switched off and I'm still getting a black screen.

Help plz

ReplyQuote
(@megaseppl)
December 10, 2018 10:36 pm  

One question: Do you always have to manually switch the Core X on when you want to use it? Or does it have a good sleep mode that puts the case and GPU into sleep whenever the Mac is off or as well in sleep mode?

No eGPU yet... planning to buy a Razer Core X with ASUS Vega 64 for my Mac mini

ReplyQuote