Mac Mini 2020 AMD Vega 64 Razer Core X EGPU in Bootcamp (non-M1) Does Not Work

Notifications
Clear all

Mac Mini 2020 AMD Vega 64 Razer Core X EGPU in Bootcamp (non-M1) Does Not Work  

RSS

JMVIII
(@jmviii)

I have tried all listed suggestions and found the Mac Mini 2020 is not consistently working with an AMD Vega 64 graphics card inside a Razer Core X eGPU enclosure. Every suggestion just creates a new error.

The issue ranges from not detecting it, to causing Error 12, and nothing consistently resolves the issue.

I was on the latest version of Windows 10, but suddenly my eGPU was not working so I had to try downgrading which required a complete reinstall of Windows 10.

I am on version 10.0.18362 of Windows 10 with updates disabled and the latest drivers from bootcampdrivers.com.

I am leaning towards buying a new Windows 10 computer as I have had a terrible experience following this community's suggestions while using an eGPU in bootcamp.

If anyone wants to, please, give it your best shot explaining what should be done.

Though, it hardly seems like a good use of my time at this point.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Prominent Member

@jmviii

Ok. It sounds like you are taking your ball and going home.

But, hey - for anyone else still on the court: the combo of Big Sur 11.1, and AMD Adrenalin 20.4.2 drivers from May 2020 work perfectly in Bootcamp with my Mini and Vega 56.

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX Vega 56 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 650) + macOS 11.1 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member Moderator

@jmviii, what solutions have you actually tried and what did they result in?

Setting up can be super frustrating but when it clicks it’s worth it. 

Follow someone else’s full build guide to the letter and report back on anything that doesn’t behave the same. Itsage has plenty of great guides. 

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node Lite) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
JMVIII
(@jmviii)

@eightarmedpet

Yeah I did all that and couldn't name every single thing I tried. I think this is too convoluted and am just going to stop if there are no better solutions.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Kryme 2020
(@kryme_2020)

Hi please see my build. Try latest Windows 20H2?

2018 Mac Mini [8th,6C,B] + RX 5600 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote