Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
Mac mini and and 2080 ti

Mac mini and and 2080 ti  

RSS

(@carmine_aniello_talento)

I have a great problem 

I buyed a Mac mini 2018
i plug an egpu razer core x chroma and an rtx 2080ti
i would like to use only external gpu for boot directly in windows through bootcamp
At the moment if I use automate egpu of  goalque I cannot put directly monitor in egpu because at the initial boot I not see anything
now I wanna now if there is a method for use directly egpu for boot in windows with Mac mini( I’m not interested to boot in Mac) without unplug hdmi from internal gpu to egpu after boot in windows
Thanks a lot

This topic was modified 1 month ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

If you don't use any monitor outputs from the Mac mini directly, you don't have to use automate-eGPU EFI. Simply set Boot Camp Windows partition as the primary boot volume and have the RTX 2080 Ti eGPU connected to Mac mini via TB3 cable and monitor via HDMI or DisplayPort cable. You won't see the boot selector but that shouldn't matter.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote

When I connect my Mac mini without any script the video card go in freeze and windows don’t wanna start

only one time I saw my video card opened
i started with automatic egpu efi 
and after windows started with internal card I plugged hdmi in egpu 
I don’t know how I have to do
please help me

This post was modified 1 month ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote

Can someone help me pls?

ReplyQuote

please help me
i'm desperate
i cannot use mac mini with rtx
maybe i have to sell it because my video card is inaccessible

ReplyQuote