Mac Pro 2013 and dual Razer Core X + 1080 Ti

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Mac Pro 2013 and dual Razer Core X + 1080 Ti  

RSS

Juhtak
(@juhtak)

Hi,

I was able to add single eGPU (Razer Core X + 1080 Ti) using Purge-Wrangler without any issue, but now I wanted to add second eGPU using same setup (Razer Core X + 1080 Ti), I wasn't able to get it work at all.

I plugged first eGPU into Thunderbolt Bus 1 port 1 and second eGPU into Bus 2 port 2.
They work just fine separately, but not together.

I was planning to use those for Cinema 4D Redshift rendering and Redshift is recognising both eGPUs, but it was not able rendering.

Tested with Otoy Octane 4 benchmark and with it I got very same result. Recognised, but not rendering.

Mac Pro 2013 / High Sierra 10.13.6

Any idea if there could be any solution to get dual eGPU to work?
Thank you so much.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Juhtak
(@juhtak)

Well, what you know! Turning both eGPU at once solved my issue when turning one by one didn't allow me to run Redshift or Octane.
Happy times!!!

Octane 4 benchmark score: 402.39

This post was modified 1 year ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
tr42
 tr42
(@tr42)

@juhtak, Hi, any chance you can enlighten me on what you did to end up getting the dual Razer Core X's to work on your Mac Pro? I'm in the same boat right and just posted about it, looking for advice.

Hope you see this! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Juhtak
(@juhtak)

Hi @tr42

Make sure eGPU1 and eGPU2 are connected into correct ports. Then switch them up at very same time.

In my case I can’t have a LaCie TB2 hard drive attached to make both eGPUs to work so this can be something worth trying if you have other TB components.

Good luck!

ReplyQuote