MacBook Pro 2018 13inch + sonnet breakaway puck rx570 crashing bootcamp

Notifications
Clear all

MacBook Pro 2018 13inch + sonnet breakaway puck rx570 crashing bootcamp  

RSS

Colossum3
(@colossum3)

Hello all,

I'm attempting to get my egpu to work on my internal display in bootcamp. I followed the guide and got everything working, used DDU, downloaded latest AMD drivers, launch bootcamp through efi, managed to get past error 12 etc. My problem is that whenever I try to use the egpu on a program using the internal display (Set through graphics preference) The egpu either immediately disconnects + crashes my application or crashes the computer directly (sometimes turns off completely or sometimes it just freezes).

I already changed my drivers twice, first I used bootcampdrivers then the latest official and drivers (after running DDU), nothing worked.

I'm running windows 1803. 

Haven't been able to find any solutions in the past 2 days so I'm hoping someone can help!

This topic was modified 4 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@colossum3, Try a newer Windows 10 version and see if that helps. I'd recommend downloading 1903 V1 ISO.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Colossum3
(@colossum3)

@itsage, thanks, I'll give it a try.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote