MacBook Pro 2018 13inch + sonnet breakaway puck rx570 crashing bootcamp

Notifications
Clear all

MacBook Pro 2018 13inch + sonnet breakaway puck rx570 crashing bootcamp  

RSS

(@colossum3)

Hello all,

I'm attempting to get my egpu to work on my internal display in bootcamp. I followed the guide and got everything working, used DDU, downloaded latest AMD drivers, launch bootcamp through efi, managed to get past error 12 etc. My problem is that whenever I try to use the egpu on a program using the internal display (Set through graphics preference) The egpu either immediately disconnects + crashes my application or crashes the computer directly (sometimes turns off completely or sometimes it just freezes).

I already changed my drivers twice, first I used bootcampdrivers then the latest official and drivers (after running DDU), nothing worked.

I'm running windows 1803. 

Haven't been able to find any solutions in the past 2 days so I'm hoping someone can help!

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@colossum3, Try a newer Windows 10 version and see if that helps. I'd recommend downloading 1903 V1 ISO.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
(@colossum3)

@itsage, thanks, I'll give it a try.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote