Clear all

US$349 Mantiz Venus TB3 enclosure/dock  

of  112
  RSS

Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: agravatos53

A question for Mymantiz_John : Can I use the Venus eGPU without a graphics card plugged in, as a normal Thunderbolt dock? Will the power supply turn off  or sleep if the macbook goes to sleep?

I have a 15″ 2017 rMBP running High Sierra 10.13.2

without a graphic card , Mantiz Venus will be a USB docking station and when MBP sleep , Venus slept too.

Mantiz: ● ●

ReplyQuote
max
 max
(@max)

On your website it states "All international sales are final. No returns/exchanges." What does this mean? No warranty? 

2017 14" Lenovo Yoga 920 [8th,4C,U] + GTX 1080 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 550) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
raybanner
(@raybanner)
Eminent Member

Hi John,

can I use the Mantiz Venus 02 with a RX580 alongside my MBP 15" with 750m dgpu on High Sierra?

What is your experience with the custom costs when shipping to Germany?

Thank you!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

1. Yes.

2. mail us to have more information about the import duty & Tax. [email protected]

ReplyQuote
robwil
(@robwil)

I just received my Mantiz Venus and have a possibly silly question. On the side panel vent, there is some clear plastic that is covering about half of the vent. Is this something we should leave in tact, or remove?

Mantiz Venus + Macbook TB3 : https://egpu.io/bootcamp-setup-guide-tb3-macbook-pro/

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Just leave it, it makes much strong fresh air blowing into the the enclosure.

robwil liked
ReplyQuote
Flint Ironstag
(@flint-ironstag)
Estimable Member

This is definitely one of those instances where a picture is worth 1000 words.

My initial inclination (much earlier in the day) was to say "hey, that sounds like it's obstructing airflow through the ventilation holes - remove it"...  Then I figured I'd best ask for a pic, or read the manual first.

Now I definitely would love to see a pic of this situation.

Thanks!

MP 6,1 | 4c | d700
MP 6,1 | 6c | d500

ReplyQuote
XenonOne5000
(@xenonone5000)

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@xenonone5000 The 550W PSU in the Mantiz Venus should be able to handle RX Vega 56 cards.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
XenonOne5000
(@xenonone5000)

Thank you!! Going to pick one and give it a try. I was going for the sapphire (Everybody thinks those are the best choice), but apparently they have a 3-8 pin connector and not sure how I could make it happen in the Mantiz. I am a long time mac user, but this is truly a new science to explore for me. So since that could not work, this would be my next choice. Really grateful for the help. 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814932030&cm_re=vega_56-_-14-932-030-_-Product

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  112