ikir
(@ikir)
Prominent Member

@XenonOne5000 @itsage
Yes I confirm having used a Vega 56 for few months inside a Venus

MacBook Pro 2020 Touch Bar i7 quad-core 2.3Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB PCIe SSD
my awesome Radeon VII eGPU
my Mantiz Venus extreme mod with Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
XenonOne5000
(@xenonone5000)

Awesome! Thank you so much!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
XenonOne5000
(@xenonone5000)

I want to really buy the sapphire Vega 56 nitro, and just faced a interesting dilemma. Its generally thought all those cards have a 3 - 8pins power supply connection, and off course I was afraid that would be a no go for the Mantiz. But looking at the regular nitro on newegg I realized that the regular nitro version (not the special edition with the blue decoration) does use a regular connection with two 8- pins. as its show in image below. So since the spec on the Sapphire website confirm that, I am assuming its a newegg website mistake. Does anyone had the same issue? Should just go ahead and get this one for the Mantiz?

Thanks as always! 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202310&cm_re=vega_56-_-14-202-310-_-Product

Screen Shot 2018 02 28 at 8.36.33 AM

http://sapphirenitro.sapphiretech.com/en/Vega56.html#specifications

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

That card should work. All the RX Vega 56 eGPU implementations so far have been the reference card with two 8-pin connectors.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Zorn
 Zorn
(@zorn)
Eminent Member

For what it's worth I've been using the Mantiz Venus with a Powercolor Vega 64 reference. I did go into Wattman and set P6 as the maximum state, so not sure how much difference that has made, but the card has been rock solid under both macOS and Win10.

2019 Razer Blade Stealth (GTX 1650, 2TB SSD)
Razer Core X Chroma (Upgraded with SF600 PSU)
ASUS ROG Strix 2080 Ti

hadin liked
ReplyQuote
hadin
(@hadin)

Hi,

I have two questions:

1. Can I use the Mantiz Venus with my 13" Macbook Pro TouchBar 2016?

2. Does anyone have a hint about getting this in germany? It's about 400 Dollars in the US without any shipping, but the are quite some fees to pay when importing electronics. Is there something like a amazon in europe where I am able to buy the egpu?

Regards
Hadin

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

1. Yes.
2. contact us : [email protected] to get more information about the duty & Shipping.

Mantiz: ● ●

ReplyQuote
Kbaegis
(@kbaegis)

So I bought my Mantiz to work with a 1080TI/Late 2016 MBP 15". My MacBook has never registered any PCI device as having existed inside the device. Am I doing something wrong or am I dealing with a product defect?

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@kbaegis The attached Thunderbolt screen cap indicates the Mantiz Venus can communicate to your MacBook Pro just fine. Nvidia eGPU is not natively supported in macOS High Sierra. You need to use a workaround to enable it. Follow the setup guide here.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: Kbaegis

So I bought my Mantiz to work with a 1080TI/Late 2016 MBP 15". My MacBook has never registered any PCI device as having existed inside the device. Am I doing something wrong or am I dealing with a product defect?

Please contact us here

Mantiz: ● ●

ReplyQuote
 of  112