of  112
  RSS

ikir
 ikir
(@ikir)
Prominent Member

Posted by: Mymantiz_John

Posted by: buswedg

What PSU are you running in the Venus and Saturn? Is it custom or off the shelf? Interested in knowing if it will have one of those jumper switches on the back (the red one) to switch between a 110v and 220v rail...

The Saturn does look nice, as I'm interested in water cooling options. Can give any insights of what size radiator can be fit in? Compatible off the shelf options?

Also, it looks like there are quite a few connectivity options on the Saturn, incl. SATA and ethernet. Are you set on passing the traffic for these connections over the same TB3 connection?, or looking into something like the Asus XG 2, and providing a second USB 3 output for that traffic? I think a few are worried about bandwidth etc. and would rather reserve as much throughput for the gpu as possible.

HI:

1. PSU is standard SFX form factor the the heart of the PSU has to be the customized. It is 450W. but all the ATX power has to be switched to the 12V and the its 3.3V/5V might have the unbalance situation to cause the Power Delivery On/OFF issue. So we gotta customize a bit for the PSU.

2. Saturn IO is the same with the Venus, with 5 ports USB3.0, Gigabit Etherlan and a SATA ports. but PCI-E bandwidth is the first priority. That's the firmware had been set.

Ah so the firmware is controlling this, very interesting. Count me in.... hurry up 😀

MacBook Pro 2018 Touch Bar i7 quad-core 2.7Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB PCIe SSD
my awesome Radeon VII eGPU
my Mantiz Venus extreme mod with Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: ikir

Posted by: Mymantiz_John

Posted by: buswedg

What PSU are you running in the Venus and Saturn? Is it custom or off the shelf? Interested in knowing if it will have one of those jumper switches on the back (the red one) to switch between a 110v and 220v rail...

The Saturn does look nice, as I'm interested in water cooling options. Can give any insights of what size radiator can be fit in? Compatible off the shelf options?

Also, it looks like there are quite a few connectivity options on the Saturn, incl. SATA and ethernet. Are you set on passing the traffic for these connections over the same TB3 connection?, or looking into something like the Asus XG 2, and providing a second USB 3 output for that traffic? I think a few are worried about bandwidth etc. and would rather reserve as much throughput for the gpu as possible.

HI:

1. PSU is standard SFX form factor the the heart of the PSU has to be the customized. It is 450W. but all the ATX power has to be switched to the 12V and the its 3.3V/5V might have the unbalance situation to cause the Power Delivery On/OFF issue. So we gotta customize a bit for the PSU.

2. Saturn IO is the same with the Venus, with 5 ports USB3.0, Gigabit Etherlan and a SATA ports. but PCI-E bandwidth is the first priority. That's the firmware had been set.

Ah so the firmware is controlling this, very interesting. Count me in.... hurry up 😀

Tell you Guys something. 

1. Firmware: EGPU VS Firmware PCI-e.

Alpine Ridge will treat the eGPU firmware to fully bring PCI-E x 4 to the host. but VS FW PCI-e. It will not, perhaps Lan first, or other ports occupied the first priority.

So, while we send the device to Intel Certification, it has to be mentioned it is eGPU or PCI-e Device first. then Load the correct FW on it.

Mantiz: ● ●

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

UPS has a package from Mantiz for me. Delivery is for later today. I will take unboxing photos and post them on the forum as soon as I can.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Prototype eGPU Enclosure) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

itsmikerofl, mwb, enjoy and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
polo
 polo
(@polo)

it's the change to sold just the pcb?

P648-M+BL2420PT Arch user.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

Here are some photos of the Mantiz Venus eGPU enclosure. The side panel requires no tools to remove. I simply put my fingers in the gap at the bottom of the box and pull it away. The soft padding is very nice to the touch. Vent holes has a mesh filter inside to limit dust collection. I will get more unboxing photos in the coming days.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Prototype eGPU Enclosure) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

itsmikerofl and enjoy liked
ReplyQuote
enjoy
(@enjoy)
Reputable Member

Very big chassis like Node, Razer Core and Devil Box, but great quality and design.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Later 2013) 3.2GHz Quad Core Intel i7-4750HQ / 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / 256GB SSD + 1TB
mini eGPUPCI Express vs. ThunderboltMac CAN gameGaming Laptops vs. MacBook Pro with eGPU

2012 13" MacBook Air [3rd,2C,U] + GTX 1060 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS 10.12 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: polo

it's the change to sold just the pcb?

HI:

we sold only the eGPU box , a system w/o the GFX.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
ed_co
(@ed_co)
Reputable Member

Is it as compatible as Akitio Node?

Cheers.

2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP560) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.13 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: ed_co

Is it as compatible as Akitio Node?

Cheers.

I am sorry, are you asking the Mantiz compatible with Akitio Node? no, it is not, and we don't sell the PCB as DIY parts. We provide a complete system solution together with the customized IO boards & Fine-tuning SFX 450W PSU. which may support Max 300W GFX & PD 60W to the host.

ReplyQuote
itsmikerofl
(@itsmikerofl)
Trusted Member

Posted by: itsage

Here are some photos of the Mantiz Venus eGPU enclosure. The side panel requires no tools to remove. I simply put my fingers in the gap at the bottom of the box and pull it away. The soft padding is very nice to the touch. Vent holes has a mesh filter inside to limit dust collection. I will get more unboxing photos in the coming days.

This looks great - simple aluminum enclosure without any overly aggressive style, (like the Devil Box).

The Venus would be absolutely perfect if it was perforated in the front, (as it is on the left side), with support for a 120mm fan/radiator mount. Similar to how the Node has a 120mm fan mount, as well as the Devil Box.

There is definitely room for it... Not sure why this wasn't incorporated.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
 of  112