of  112
  RSS

itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: ed_co

Is it as compatible as Akitio Node?

Cheers.

Early testing shows this Mantiz working with XPS 9360 which is not an eGPU certified computer. It's functioning very similar to the AKiTiO Node in terms of compatibility.

Stay tuned for our full review in which we tested 4 different Thunderbolt 3 laptops (Apple, Dell, HP, and Toshiba) with this Mantiz Venus eGPU enclosure in Windows 10, macOS, and Linux.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Prototype eGPU Enclosure) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

ikir and mwb liked
ReplyQuote
ed_co
(@ed_co)
Reputable Member

Posted by: Mymantiz_John

Cheers.

I am sorry, are you asking the Mantiz compatible with Akitio Node? no, it is not, and we don't sell the PCB as DIY parts. We provide a complete system solution together with the customized IO boards & Fine-tuning SFX 450W PSU. which may support Max 300W GFX & PD 60W to the host.

I was just asking if it is "as compatible as" Akitio Node, which is the most compatible eGPU out there so far. Not if it mantiz is compatible with the Akitio Node.

2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP560) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.13 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
ed_co
(@ed_co)
Reputable Member

Posted by: polo

it's the change to sold just the pcb?

HI:

we sold only the eGPU box , a system w/o the GFX.   

He was asking if there is a "chance" if you can sell just the PCB (and maybe with the PSU) but without the case. Is it possible?

2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP560) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.13 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

I asked before. Nobody is allowed to sell just the PCB for DIY. Intel does not allow such arrangement to happen.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 5700 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Prototype eGPU Enclosure) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 1903 [build link]  

mwb liked
ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

I was just asking if it is "as compatible as" Akitio Node, which is the most compatible eGPU out there so far. Not if it mantiz is compatible with the Akitio Node.

HI; I misunderstood what you meant. Mantiz eGPU support large range of GFX, Max to 300W consumption for the graphic cards & 330mm full length. and we had done the tests for most of the major cards and spending a lot of effort in tuning the " power delivery " function. to make the 12V to be 20V ( PD 2.0 certification ) is a critical job and also hard to find the PSU to afford those changes. so Mantiz eGPU is quite different than the others.

Mantiz: ● ●

itsage and ikir liked
ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: itsage

Cheers.

Early testing shows this Mantiz working with XPS 9360 which is not an eGPU certified computer. It's functioning very similar to the AKiTiO Node in terms of compatibility.

Stay tuned for our full review in which we tested 4 different Thunderbolt 3 laptops (Apple, Dell, HP, and Toshiba) with this Mantiz Venus eGPU enclosure in Windows 10, macOS, and Linux.

HI:

allow me to update the tests ( Host )

1. Dell XPS Skylake I5. 

2. Dell XPS KabbyLake I7

3. Razer Blade

4. HP Spectre Kabbylake & Skylake

5. Asus Transformer

6. Lenovo: T470, X1 Carbon Kabbylake.

all those devices had been tests the NV1060/70/80/RX480/380/390 with compatibility & PD 2.0 criteria.

itsage and Yukikaze liked
ReplyQuote
Yukikaze
(@yukikaze)
Prominent Member Moderator

I asked before. Nobody is allowed to sell just the PCB for DIY. Intel does not allow such arrangement to happen.

Well, technically, you can get the inXtron TB3 development board, but at its price, and with its lack of warranty and support, you might as well get an Akitio Thunder3 and gut it.

Want to output [email protected] out of an old system on the cheap? Read here.
Give your Node Pro a second Thunderbolt3 controller for reliable peripherals by re-using a TB3 dock (~50$).

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."

2012 14" Lenovo Thinkpad T430s [3rd,2C,M] + RX 550 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (Atto Thunderlink) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
ikir
 ikir
(@ikir)
Prominent Member

Cheers.

Can't wait for review and for buying it!!

MacBook Pro 2018 Touch Bar i7 quad-core 2.7Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB PCIe SSD
my awesome Radeon VII eGPU
my Mantiz Venus extreme mod with Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

HI:

allow me to update the tests ( Host )

1. Dell XPS Skylake I5. 

2. Dell XPS KabbyLake I7

3. Razer Blade

4. HP Spectre Kabbylake & Skylake

5. Asus Transformer

6. Lenovo: T470, X1 Carbon Kabbylake.

all those devices had been tests the NV1060/70/80/RX480/380/390 with compatibility & PD 2.0 criteria.

Would you like to submit implementation writeups inc pics of these systems to our implementation guides area? There's a bunch of PC systems you've test that our users haven't had a chance to yet.

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/

The critical point is the measured bandwidth, which is how we identified the Dell XPS systems were running 16Gbps 2-lane TB3. With NVidia cards can use CUDA-Z to check that. Can see CUDA-Z TB3 example outputs here:

https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/pcie-slot-dgpu-vs-thunderbolt-3-egpu-internal-display-test/#post-3658

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor

Posted by: nando4

Would you like to submit implementation writeups inc pics of these systems to our implementation guides area? There's a bunch of PC systems you've test that our users haven't had a chance to yet.

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/

The critical point is the measured bandwidth, which is how we identified the Dell XPS systems were running 16Gbps 2-lane TB3. With NVidia cards can use CUDA-Z to check that. Can see CUDA-Z TB3 example outputs here:

https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/pcie-slot-dgpu-vs-thunderbolt-3-egpu-internal-display-test/#post-3658

Hi: Thanks for those good suggestions. 

1. to list up all the laptop test result will cause a lot of time for me, but I will simply post Mantiz eGPU+ each different Laptop picture for your reference.

2. we've done the test with the different cards, 1060, 70, RX480 with the DT MB / Razer Blade / Intel Nuc to do the benchmarks. Click to see the PDF with results.

3. regarding the performance. it is nothing related with the XPS of NV CPU. it is Intel firmware issue. for the time being, Intel suggest to lock the PCI-E bandwidth to be 22GB. we'll use the suggested FW to send our device to the Lab. then after that, we will adjust the setting to 22GB to 32GB. total bandwidth of TBT3 is 40GB. we can afford 32GB for PCI-e + 5GB for USB 3.0+ 1GB for Lan. The rest is able to be with SATA.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
 of  112