Notifications
Clear all

Mantiz Saturn Pro Review - King of the Ring  

of  5
  RSS

itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@mac_editor, Thank you for this insight. I will edit the review to add your observations on the Ethernet port.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 14" Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio [11th,4C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

ReplyQuote
Dmitry
 Dmitry
(@Dmitry)

Does anybody have these problems:

1. The system fan works constantly although GPU fans don't as the load is low.
  2. The system fan starts to be annoyingly noisy after about 10 minutes of work.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
스타채
(@kks)

I saw the review well.
I am curious and leave a question.
Does using an SSD while using the GPU at the same time reduce the bandwidth of the GPU?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
ikir
 ikir
(@ikir)
Prominent Member

Case fan always spin in my Saturn Pro, quite noisy.

MacBook Pro 13" 2020 Touch Bar M1 8-core CPU 8-core GPU - 16GB unified memory - 512GB PCIe SSD
MacBook Pro 13" 2020 Touch Bar i7 quad-core 2.3Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB PCIe SSD

my awesome Radeon VII eGPU
my Mantiz Venus extreme mod with Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
(@master_kites)

Does anyone know if the XFX 6800XT MERC 319 fits in?

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@master_kites, It's a 34cm long card. The Mantiz Saturn Pro lists 33cm as the max length. I think it may fit if you clear one or two screws inside holding the front fascia.

2021 14" Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio [11th,4C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
(@brian_cody)

@itsage, I ordered one from Amazon. Looks great but it was DOA. So I ordered a second one as a replacement. Also DOA. 🥺

The power supply just doesn't do anything!

ReplyQuote
Luke
 Luke
(@Luke)

Out of Curiosity, If this is "King of the Ring", why is it still ranked below both Razer and the Aorus boxes? I'm just curious what the ranking methodology is here.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@Luke, As stated in the build guides landing page, the ranking is based on members' build guides posted to our forum in the past 6 months. The Mantiz Saturn Pro didn't have the best availability due to their logistic network.

ReplyQuote
 of  5